Auto Trail Miami

Guest Jen's Grumpy Git

Guest Jen's Grumpy Git

Has anyone any experience of the new auto trails?

The one we are looking at is the Miami with twin beds and rear bathroom but more importantly has the Renault new shaped cab with the 2,5 engine I think. I was favouring the Hymer 676 SL wit a similar layout but have been put off by the low payload and the fact that the hymer is still made of aluminium sheets and 2x1 timber.

Guest Jen's Grumpy Git

Hi Mike

The one we are looking at is used and about 1 year old but are you saying it doesn't look as good on the Fiat?

I wonder why they discontinued the Renno cab then?

We have got the Miami 740s and are very pleased with it. The Renault is a good vehicle and having done 11,000 miles we have had no trouble. Have a look at my report under Auto-Trail. Fuel consumption about 30 mpg on the semi auto. Only thing we would say is that it is a little long.

Don't know why Auto-trail have discontinued it but I suspect they are reducing the range. This layout is now done on one of their other models. There are few out there if you want one. Try a search. I found a couple but can't remember where.

Guest Jen's Grumpy Git

Hi Miami

Were do I search for the review?

Also does it have the glass sunroof? I see that you tow a Smart car I trust you use a braked A Frame as opposed to a trailer?

Jen's Grumpy Git - 2007-09-26 12:35 PM

The one we are looking at is used and about 1 year old but are you saying it doesn't look as good on the Fiat?

I wonder why they discontinued the Renno cab then?

The sales guy at the Shepton show said they'd moved to Fiat because of the Fiat gave them (note 'them' not 'us') the best deal. Looked OK, but we felt the front lounge was too constricted. Pictures of the Miami looked much more welcoming, so we were sorry not to be able to see one in the flesh.

Jen's Grumpy Git - 2007-09-26 9:23 PM Hi Miami Were do I search for the review? Also does it have the glass sunroof? I see that you tow a Smart car I trust you use a braked A Frame as opposed to a trailer?

You can see the report here (Another forum sorry)

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/modules.php?name=MReviews&op=show&rid=86

We have sold our Smart and are now towing a Kalisa. The Smart was LHD and the other half refused to drive it. Couldn't get the grandchildren in the back!

The Miami has a glass sunroof at the front but it doesn't open. No need as there is adequate ventilation

We are considering downsizing if we can find anything as comfortable as the Miami which I doubt. It is a large MH and you do have to plan your touring reasonably well.

Archived