Virginity lost forever.

jonimac

Remember me, (Potential Motor Home Owner)? Well we had our first expedition last weekend. Where to? you may ask, or may not ask. All the way to Southport caravan club site. One small drive for us, one giant leap for motorhome kind.

We managed to get some gas, install it and plug into the leccy. Hopefully no-one noticed that we were sprogs (probably did). The warden was very friendly and helpful. The neighbours were nice and the Southport natives seemed good too.

We worried that we would forget everything told to us at the handover of the motorhome (Barrons) but I think it went ok. So much so we plan to go away this weekend and then away again in October to I don't know where.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice aqnd friendly encouragement, which is much appreciated. Any suggestions for nice Devon sites would be welcomed. :-D

Worry ye not!!

Just like losing any other sort of virginity (ooerr!!), you get better at it the more you practice.........go ye and motor with that home!!

Well done you two, you'll be invading the continent before you know it. :-D

Cheers,

Bruce.

Well done you! I love Southport, and stayed at the CC site in May.

Can I recommend the Caravan Club site Putts Corner, near Sidmouth?

There's a great pub at the top of the road that does lovely grub & ale.

It's also pretty central for lots of places to visit.

Jonimac!

This is the start of the rest of your life, (Motorhomeing I mean) But be careful in and around Devon. Stay on main roads, There are some roads marked on maps and very popular with Sat Navs that you would have problems getting push bikes down, Follow any directions given by the site people. But do go, Devon and Cornwall are wonderful. ( I was born there.) Enjoy. Trev.

That's so true, Trev!

I tried to drive my (small) motorhome to Branscombe beach, down a windy little lane, past a sign saying 'No Caravans', to a dead end with a height-barrier.

The nasty man at the carpark asked why I had ignored the 'No Caravans' sign. My reply wasn't very ladylike, I'm afraid. *-)

There is a beautiful site at Galmpton most pitches give you a view up the river dart wonderfull sunsets. Or for north devon try Damage Barton or North Mortoe Farm. Geat walks round Morthoe and a wonderful beach at Woolacoombe.

Don

jonimac - 2007-10-02 10:11 AM

Thanks everyone. Will have a look at the Sidmouth site. Once again ta to all.

If you do try this site, make sure you got your levelling blocks with you, it's a nice site, but most of the pitches are on a slope.

And if you drive down into Sidmouth follow the signs for the coach/car park as there are good spaces with room for an overhang to park your van.

Archived