how can we speed things up a bit

KD

Guest JudgeMental
peter - 2007-10-09 10:36 PM

The above post from JGG highlights why we need more moderation on this forum to remove posts like that. They contribute nothing . Not even humour and are just a personal attack. So please Judge ....do not respond on here. Send a PM if you want or it just encourages the idiot.

Peter, If fellow forum members continually responds to this rubbish, and encourage these idiots by engaging in converstaion with them you end up playing their game. It really is best to ignore them.

As for moderation, Its obvious you are not going to get it. They seem unable to moderate effectively. and only seem capable off pulling offensive posts.

Frank, yes member moderation can be OK but by example on MHF they seem to be heavy handed with it.....

but anything would be better then this situation *-)

Getting back to the thread, there are 20 people on line at the moment if they all put a post on think how that would speed things up. It would be nice to have some imput of more users of the forum, as they are all wellcome so go on if you are not a regular poster, say Hello. Carol. *-)

I agree with carol,

Warners will not have memeber Moderators because It could leas into something legal and they have been advised by the legal dept not to do it

So thats it folks its up to us to ignore the silly posts.

That shouldnt be to hard

caraprof - 2007-10-09 10:15 PM
J9withdogs - 2007-10-09 7:59 PM Are you suggesting a 'speed posting club' ? :D

I'm sure that you know full well J9 that he's suggesting that something needs to be done to kickstart this forum a little, and I agree.

Have a look at Motorhome Facts for instance and see the huge numbers it attracts. Personally, I don't like it as I find the vast number of forums confusing and tiresome. You get the feeling that if two people asked about taking their budgerigars on holiday that the next day there'd be a 'Taking Your Cage-Birds on Holiday' forum!

However, this forum is just the opposite. It needs more headings to attract a wider range of subjects. On example would be a manufacturers' forum where people can post their experiences with different brands, or maybe a separate forum for those interested in self-sufficiency, to include solar panels etc.

Despite being virtually retired I still insist that my businesses move with the times and constantly improve themselves.

I'm sorry to say that Warners seem to be happy to let this forum slide along with a pitifully low number of really active members and devote very little time to improving and promoting it.

Ah well, that's me banned (again!).

You really shouldn't criticise Warners Caraprof. They'll use any excuse now to ban you.

K&D - 2007-10-09 7:58 PM

i love this forum, its the only one im involved with, my wives in a twinsclub site as we have twins. the obvious difference being her site as thousands of members and is moving along much quicker. sometimes this site is but sometimes you tend to be waiting too long between posts.

Hi Karen. Have to strike a balance somewhere. I often use other forums(sports), and the problem is that postings come in so fast you fail to get the detailed response some of these postings deserve because everyones moved on to something else. At least with the pace of this one you usually see the subject matter a good airing.

Archived