Men?

Guest tc102

Why is that, when men perform acts of domesticity, they think they deserve a medal?

With all due respect, Graham, whilst I applaud the support you are offering your wife in her hour of need, would you really like the ladies of the forum to list ALL of the things they have done today without as much as a murmur of thanks from their other halves?

(Only jesting - keep up the good work ;-) )

J9withdogs - 2007-10-14 8:30 PM

With all due respect, Graham, whilst I applaud the support you are offering your wife in her hour of need, would you really like the ladies of the forum to list ALL of the things they have done today without as much as a murmur of thanks from their other halves?

(Only jesting - keep up the good work ;-) )

Why not - shouldn't take more than a couple of words

Listing the things done I mean of course; the murmurs of thanks would probably need a whole new thread (lol) *-) :D 8-)

Graham

To be serious for a minute, I wonder what the actual split of domestic jobs is in most relationships.

When we were first married we were both going out to work so shared the domestic chores.

When we had children Jill gave up paid work - I had a better paying job so it made sense - and did the lion's share of running the home.

Since the lads grew up and Jill went out to work again the share of domestic jobs became more even - and then I started doing more as I retired before Jill did.

Nowadays, in normal circumstances, we both do similar amounts.

Is that really any different from any other couple?

Graham

Graham(GJH)

Many thanks for enlightening me.!!!

Now this lad from Thailand fully understands why brides in this country wear white. It's to match the home appliances like Cooker, fridge and washing machines!!And that's why the stores call them White goods.

Many many thanks.(lol)(lol)

Thai;-)

Thai Bry - 2007-10-15 1:57 PM

Now this lad from Thailand fully understands why brides in this country wear white. It's to match the home appliances like Cooker, fridge and washing machines!!And that's why the stores call them White goods.

Thought everyone knew that Thai :D

Graham

Archived