Guest Le Thou

catinou - 2008-07-25 11:12 PM

On the subject of avatars - I have tried several times to upload a picture but to no avail - can anyone please explain in simple language how this is done - I seem to have a mental block?? :$

I'm no expert but here are a couple of tips.Go to your pictures and decide which one you want to use.open your favourite piccy editing prog,If you have the old 'Picture it Photo 2002' thats good enough. open up the required piccy into said edit device.With Picture it click on change page and then change size, reduce the actual size to something like 6" X 4" and reduce the pixels to 150 or even 72 per inch.save and then check the size of the picture again.My avatar of the little dog is 19.3 KB when you have got it down to this size or thereabouts close progs and go to control panel at top of home page forums.Open and scroll down to 'Images Upload Profile Image' click on browse, find picture you have just reduced, click open, check that its file name is in the slot next to browse, click on go.

Happy Christms Mick H.

J9withdogs - 2008-07-26 9:16 AM

Welcome back Syd!

I think the mods must have missed one of the more recent threads started on here though. It doesn't look good, does it?

Havn't even looked at it , but the t*tle is sufficient.

The most worrying thing about these two posts is that there has been between 30 and 50 views and no comments so all of those people have been given an unplesant picture of what this forum is like.

I might add that I do not believe that it is the correct picture either

Syd - 2008-07-26 1:43 PM

The most worrying thing about these two posts is that there has been between 30 and 50 views and no comments so all of those people have been given an unpleasant picture of what this forum is like.

I might add that I do not believe that it is the correct picture either

haven't read it - the subject matter is off putting enough - but the system only counts number of viewings not the number of viewers - if you see what i mean - so - hopefully it could just be a couple of people with nothing better to do than give an artificial 'popularity' rating to the thread.

back on thread - I wish the mods'd give a bit more space to the avatar option - I seem to have to go smaller n smaller each time I change one

B-)

Archived