Beam benders for Sprinter

Stuart

• 3 months later...

Stuart,

You are better off using lens covers and Beam benders available on EBay and good motor factors.

Dont put them directly on your light lens as they may craze. Very good instructions on pack on how and where to fit

Put them on the lens cover.

Regards,

Brendan

I haven't looked at recent sprinter, but a lot of new cars don't have the 'normal' refraction type lens, but now use 'multiple reflector' and plain lens I am not sure that the small stick on benders or masks will work on them, anyone come across this?

How many French or German cars do you see in the UK with beam benders fitted?

How many signs do we have in French ports advising French or German drivers to adapt their headlamps before driving over hear?

Why does it only apply to us and not to them?

Not that I am having a dig but sauce for the goose and all that!

Clive

Maybe we are too soft over here. But they are well informed. In Ireland last year 2007 I saw some cars been pulled in at the port (Rosslare) and there lights been pointed out to them. I wonder what would happen if the had a crash esp at night.

I think if they were stopped more often they may have more respect for all of us who drive on the left.

E.U. laws do seem to be one way. but then again they all drive on the right.

I think a little consideration is needed on there side.

Regards,

Brendan

I havent driven in Ireland but have never had a problem driving in Japan or Australia. Which side do they use in China and India I wonder?

Regarding Ireland was there not a plan to convert them all to the European system. Change over the HGV,s at 1800 HRS and smaller vehicles and busses at 0600 the following morning. A gentle change over so to speak. That,s what Dave Allen said!

Nice one Clive,

We heard that was also the case in the UK but we know you wont give in that easily,

China-emmm Left, India - well I thought ye got them to drive on the left but some of those Tuck-Tucks, Left and Right.

No need for Beam Benders there,

Come over to Ireland sometime. The Motorhome scene is getting better and we do drive on the left, well some times anyway.

Regards,

Brendan.

Clive,

We are working on the Gov' over here to try and bring down Ferry costs.

We have won our battle a few years back regarding Road Tax on Motorhomes now £50 approx per year.

The Med via dover--- well I think we will have to try for a roof aswell.

Got it put some good old Beam benders on the Gov'

We will get you over yet.

take care,

Regards,

Brendan

Archived