Boro

howie

I can't believe they didn't choose Widnes & Runcorn, or to give it its' official name "Halton". The place is a tip! Literally it is a tip. Most of the houses around the town centre are built on old chemical tips that have been covered over and built on. Occassionally these leak out into local streams and heavily pollute them. The municipal golf course has been shut now for about 5 years because of pollution from heavy chemicals and there is no sign of it opening in the next few either. There is an old chemical tip that has nuclear waste on it and they had to divert a road junction because the chemical waste couldn't be identified, so it couldn't be removed!

Now that's what I would call "The worst place to live"!

It might not be the end of the world, but from here you can see it!

I caught the end of the repeat of the C4 programme last night. Apparently they used a whole range of indicators. In the case of one or two places they said the rating would have been different but for a single indicator which skewed otherwise fairly consistent results.

That appears to be why a given place can have one very bad aspect (e.g. environment as mentioned by Tomo) but other factors which score better raise its rating.

The methodology is detailed Here.

Graham

Archived