F1

Bazza454

Syd - 2007-10-25 7:48 PM

Johnny Herbert is still racing and doing quiet well too in the Le Mans series I believe.

Tremendous charactor this lovable rouge, great fun

Yes agreed Syd, Johnny was in Aston Martin 007 at Le Mans this year, which unfortunately was not the winning car in its category but I am not aware that he is doing the whole ELMS series.

Interesting to see from another posting that Johnny could be the new "Stig" following on from his good buddy Perry McCarthey.

A win double in the sanity stakes.

John D.

Syd - 2007-10-26 11:39 PM

Hi JayKay

Think you are right about the whole elms series.

Do you do Le Mans in June??

JayKay - do not answer; I fear you may incriminate yourself, as I am unsure whether "doing le Mans in June" has yet been legalised.......

;-)

Hi Syd,

Yes we went back after a few years away from THE race, the difference this time is that this time I was a spectator previously I worked it as part of the British race marshalling team. I was an M.S.A. instructor training those wonderful people in orange that you see at race tracks around the world, a great job but hardly ever get a weekend off.

I was given the opportunity to return to Le Mans this year with a pass to all areas except pit lane & track, we were provided with a camping site with the rest of the British race marshals beside the Mulsanne at the Golf club.

We arrived on the Monday before the race and left the following Monday after a superb week of motor sport, not sure if we will be going back next year until February or March.

John D.

I have been for the past two races, huge differences between the two races though, facilities wise I mean.

You probably wouldnt recognise the place now.

Full member of the club but refrained from buying another pitwalk ticket last year simply because they sell too many, for that price I expected to be able to see what I want to see without having to push my way through.

People go for the race, for the race yes, but they mostly go for the atmosphere, top here is the Poo bar, 9pm on Saturday evening, with its rip off prices but packed, been there??.

Girls flock here because anyone drinking the Poo has got to have money to spend, I think last year 55 Euro's a bottle.

I seem to dimly remember purchasing a few bottles and climbing a lamp post.

Shame on me

No Syd, never been to the Poo bar sounds like my kind of place though. Although we were there as spectators we acted as back up for the teams on duty trackside so come Friday and a day off we all tend to get as far away from Le Mans as possible and find a good restaurant.

Have to agree about the changes especially the new tramway looks great.

John D.

Archived