Why on earth did I buy that?

Tomo3090

twooks - 2007-10-30 3:20 PM

red white n black Syd, you must have some pretty confused identity crises types at your place?? :-> :-> :->

B-)

This Signifies Sunderlands football team, the black is for mournig their results

Crinklystarfish, you were not far off the mark, some folk like everywhere else can be too miserable for thier own good, but we do have some marvoulous scenery here in Wales which kind of makes up for them. Can get my tounge around some very strange sounding words, but my spelling's not up to much. Don't worry my comments were tongue in cheek. Cheers Carol.

Why did I buy a : Brita Filter never use it.

A cheap wind break that won't stay up, since bought a Dutch one stay up in all weathers, but havn't thrown the old one away.

Plastic flower vase we might use one day.

Gosh thought there would be more than that, not too bad. Carol.

Guest Tracker
crinklystarfish - 2007-10-30 4:23 PM

I was wrong and I'm sorry.

Well Steve definitely is not a reincarnated FW or TC01 then - or is this just a disguise?

Guest Tracker
crinklystarfish - 2007-10-30 7:53 PM

No disguise from me Rich, not ever.

Just a deep irony.

You must be getting old Steve? All these postings about expensive mistakes and you have not said that I could never make an expensive mistake because I am too tight fisted to make any mistakes except cheap ones?Although I did once almost stay a night on a CC site! Whew that was close!

soapyfish,

I'd never take issue with you for your parsimony. I consider everything else fair game though.

Accordingly, I don't anticipate running out of material in this lifetime; and I'm in rude health; and younger than you might think.

I know you love it Rich, it's what makes you such fun.

Whoops, there goes the irony again...

Syd - 2007-10-30 6:47 PM

twooks - 2007-10-30 3:20 PM

red white n black Syd, you must have some pretty confused identity crises types at your place?? :-> :-> :->

B-)

This Signifies Sunderlands football team, the black is for mournig their results

phew, thought you might have had some red faced interlopers in >:-)

B-)

Some interesting buys here, thanks everyone I don't feel that daft now!

Having said that, today I found 25' of t.v. ariel cable, (£8.99), I bought to connect to an "external connection post" in case the Status & satellite didn't work! I have yet to use it because I have never found an external connection post and the satellite has always worked!

On the oxymoron topic, how about " Fun run!" Has anyone ever seen a smiling jogger?

Guest Tracker
Talking of oxymorons - how about 'Warrington the centre of the known world' as a good example when surly everyone knows that the centre of the known world is Grimsby?

Tracker - 2007-10-31 7:26 PM

Talking of oxymorons - how about 'Warrington the centre of the known world' as a good example when surly everyone knows that the centre of the known world is Grimsby?

Haha - But 'tis only every surly person who believes that!

All those of a more genial nature are of course enlightened by the true knowledge that the centre of the known world is...............ummmm..........it's centre.

Probably.

B-)

Hey, Just had a great giveaway, everything that I had previously listed as useless purchases on here has now gone.

Bumped into a poor guy who had just bought his first secondhand caravan, off loaded it all onto him, he was so chuffed he couldn't thank me enough.

Yipee

Now what shall I buy next??

Our list of "good ideas" we purchased and never used and subsequently sold for not a lot. Three items

Smoothing Iron.

Ironing board.

Generator.

(Inverter is "Plumbed in" and frequently used to power Laptop, Soldering Iron and other mains tools)

Best thing fitted was Cruise Control.

Second best was a properly fitted bulk gas tank with remote gague.

(Not Gaslow!)

Archived