Renault Master Warranty

Mike Chapman

This information relates specifically to Renault Masters, supplied in UK RHD specification to Coachbuilders outside the UK and imported into the UK, having a Renault 2 Year Pan European Warranty and Breakdown cover, supplied by Renault Cars and NOT Renault Trucks. Other manufacturers may have similar systems for warranty extension.

On requesting information from Renault about the warranty start date of my Renault Master based Burstner I received the following information which may be of interest to other Renault owners. The following is an extract from their letter to me.

"I can confirm that your Master chassis number xxxxxxxx is an import from Germany supplied by a Renault Cars and that the warranty is a 2 Year Pan European Warranty valid in all countries within the EU. This warranty began the day the vehicle was delivered from the factory (To the coachbuilder) and the relevant start date is 29 May 2007."

This was queried because it was my understanding that the warranty should commence on the date of first registration in the UK (3rd August 2007). Renault insisted that, because my vehicle was Sold/Delivered to Burstner on 29th May, this IS the start date for warranty and cannot be changed. If anyone has any information on Renault supplied vehicles imported into the UK that contradicts this position I would be greatly interested in your comments.

The surprise came in the second part of their letter.

"I can also confirm that imported vehicles (To UK Specification) purchased after 1st June 2003 are eligible to apply for a free third year dealer backed warranty. To obtain the UK third year warranty please send the following:-

1. The original Sale Invoice/Bill of Sale confirming the date of sale after 1st June 2003.

2. A copy of the inside page of the Service Book showing the vehicle details and official stamp.

3. Copy of the UK registration document.

4. A copy of a recent utility bill confirming owners name and UK Address.

Upon receipt of these documents I will forward them to the warranty department who will contact you directly about eligibility."

I sent the documents three weeks ago and yesterday received a letter and revised Warranty Handbook confirming that my Renault Master now has the third year dealer warranty.

The contact is Renault Cars Customer Services on Tel: 0800 0723372. I am not sure if this warranty is also offered by Renault Trucks supplied Masters or any other Renault vehicles. It would certainly be worth contacting Renault to see if your vehicle is covered for the third year the same as UK supplied Renaults.

Hope this is of assistance.

Regards,

Mike.

Mike, thanks for imparting that nugget about a third year of warranty, I'll certainly try to get the same deal.

I found out just a few weeks ago that the date of commencement of the warranty on my Renault Master is three and a half months earlier than the date of first UK registration, which also means the first service is due that much earlier too. Worryingly, my local Renault garage's service man said if I had not found out this info by accident and just submitted the vehicle for servicing on the anniversary of the registration date, the warranty may have been invalidated because of the "late" service. Other Renault Master owners may like to take note!

Bob

Archived