Touring UK or Europe ? Poll ?

enodreven

Touring UK or Europe ? Poll ?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

twooks - 2007-11-08 6:12 PM

that's awfully profound for a Mackem Syd :-> :-> :-> :-> :->

B-)

Hi Twooks

Ah but I'm not a makem I just live here

But none-the-less it's true isn't it

colin - 2007-11-08 7:50 PM

You have missed an option 'Tour Worldwide', we have rented in US, Canada, Oz & NZ. I know of someone who has taken a van to South America, whoops nearly forgot, know someone who has toured most of Africa.

NZ looks like a great place to tour.

I'd be interested to know it was like for wild camping.

cheers

Slightly off thread, sorry. I have voted and then thought it we ought to put why we have voted as we did.

WE moved to France at the start of the spring this year and, suppose that for those of us who actually live the other side of Le Manche, it is far easier to travel around Europe than the UK.

The better half and I love the idea of being able to park wherever we happen to be when we are tired from driving. We love the almost empty roads - sometimes we can see no cars in either direction despite being able to see a couple of km ahead and in the mirror. We love the food and the scenery. Some of the roads we have travelled have been more that 40km in a straight line - no wiggles or curves, just undulations.

When we return to the UK to see offspring and their families (that is the one thing we do miss) we hate the volumes of traffic - the incessant crawls on motorways, main and minor roads.

J

Just a thought - but why does this poll thread talk of touring in the UK and/ or Europe?

I'd always thought that the UK is part of Europe, and not a separate colection of islands.

Maybe better to talk of Britain and/or Mainland Europe?

I wonder what proportion of motorhomers from the continent come over here.

I have on occasions asked people over there ( Germans,Dutch,French mainly) about this and the replies were usually one of the following:

1) We've only been over there to tour Scotland.

2) We've been to Cornwall / Devon /Wales

3) Have never thought about going there

4) (...and not surprisingly ) We wouldn't go there ,it's too expensive.

Archived