Magnetic Gas level Indicators

JayKay

Keith T - 2007-11-18 10:36 PM

JayKay - 2007-11-18 10:13 PM

I will have to bite the bullet and invest in an auto change over system.

Once again thanks for your input.

John D.

Be VERY aware that it is easy to run out of gas completely with an automatic system.

As you will not know when it changes over you will have no idea how much gas you have at any one time?

I have heard it said that it changes over before the first bottle tuns out and it would be a bit of a bummer to hand bottles back to Calor with gas left in them!

Whilst the auto system does give indication within the gas locker, or inside the van if you have the electronic remote version, I am much happier to know when my first cylinder runs out and therefore agree with Keith T. that I would only ever use the manual switch over system. As I rarely go to the gas locker I would no doubt be caught out.

I could be tempted to have the auto with remote unit that shows inside the van but I feel that this is an overpriced option that does little to save effort, it is not like you have to change the cylinder when one runs out you just turn off the empty and turn on the new as they are both connected. As ours are Gaslow when the first one runs out we just fill up at the next LPG station.

Bas

Archived