Extended Trip Insurance

Tomo3090

Today I booked our extended travel insurance for the next 12 months. It is through Lloyds TSB and has cost me £190 for 6 months continuously outside the uk. We only have to be back in the UK for 1 day then can go again, for another 6 months. They also do a 9 month one too for more but I couldn't see the point myself as we won't be outside the uk for that long.

I am now looking for house insurance that will cover me for longer than 60 days away continuously. Any ideas please.

Hi,

Have a look at Nationwide, their conditions when we renewed last year had no limits on the length of time you could be away from your home, but you had to arrange for someone to check your property ?I think every 14 days and if it was over winter you had to either drain all of the water systems or leave the heating on to maintain a minimum of 12 degs. You should check their web site as the conditions may of changed

hope that helps

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/NR/rdonlyres/3A9A3719-AB60-4DA9-B8ED-F938C62C07EE/0/homepoldoc.pdf

check page 56, albeit this needs to be read in conjunction with the rest of the documents

Archived