lets have a nutty half an hour

michele

Guest Tracker
Tony Jones - 2007-11-14 5:12 PM

Tracker - 2007-11-14 4:33 PM

I once threw a guy through a plate glass window because he annoyed me, but I've calmed down a lot since then!

Not the window of his own camera shop by any chance? (NB count them: :D :-D :D :-D :-D :D :-D )

Tony

No Tony, but then why would I as I have nothing against any known camera shop owner?

It was Woolies in Jersey in 1967 actually.

I was assistant manager and this guy, who had had too much of the falling down liquid one Saturday afternoon, came at me for no particular reason other than being wound up by his mates, with a section of glass divider that he took from one of the counters.

Being younger and fitter then I dodged him, caught him by the left arm, which swung him round and his own momentum sent him through an 8' x 6' shop front window.

Fortunately he had a thick leather jacket on and went through shoulder first with, amazingly, only a few minor nicks and scratches.

As luck would have it Mr Plod was nearby, heard the noise and arrived pdq. The copper took one look at the poor guy who was quite shaken (so was I!) and arrested him on the spot.

After some interrogation (of both of us and witnesses) the Police and my boss decided that nothing would be served by any prosecution and peace returned.

Funnily enough the saga did have an amazing effect on a hitherto troublesome bunch of local tearaways who suddenly became a lot more subdued.

A couple of weeks later the guy, who had been banned from the store, came into the store and apologised both to me and to the boss whereupon his ban was lifted and we became almost friends!

Archived