Why is no-one laughing?

Tony Jones

as has been posted before, it,s to stop the ripple effect, look what happens at cameras, sombody brakes, the person behind brakes more, 10 cars down the line your doing 10mph less than the limit, i seem to remember somewhere in the grey matter the army doing an experiment, at the front of the convoy the lead truck kept a constant speed yet the truck at the back was constantly braking and accelerating

Tony Jones - 2007-11-19 7:39 PM

Good man Howie.

Please take my aspersions on your intelligence (on "Put replies to "Ignore me" here") as friendly legpulling - you're obviously a man of great insight, like myself.

Tony

Often get the impression that you are repressing your true feelings sometimes Tony and that its only the fact that you are one of natures gentlemen that prevents you from really letting rip. Bit like me I suppose, where dealing with some of the postings on this forum requires the sort of discipline and understanding that would test the patience of a Saint.

When it came to designing the roadsigns for these new motorways the task was given to a woman (sadly I forget her name). She made such a good job of it that they remain the same in colour and shape to this day, which only goes to show that if you want to get it done right in the first place then let a woman do it. ( The Blessed Magaret comes to mind here).

Up until then each local parish council put up whatever they liked or felt appropriate, but gradually all came into line with her designs until European signs came into force on April 1st 1968. My memory isn,t what it was, but whatever the date, uniformity of roadsigns is one of the few good things to come from our partnership with our continental friends.

I am not worthy to be a successor to the lady in question, or to be mentioned in the same sentence as her, unless there's a "NOT" somewhere in the middle of it.

I don't have nearly the destructive power she was able to wield over British industry, not to mention its public services and social conscience!

"There's no such thing as society" indeed!!!

Tony

Tony Jones - 2007-11-20 5:23 PM

I am not worthy to be a successor to the lady in question, or to be mentioned in the same sentence as her, unless there's a "NOT" somewhere in the middle of it.

I don't have nearly the destructive power she was able to wield over British industry, not to mention its public services and social conscience!

"There's no such thing as society" indeed!!!

Tony

:$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$

sorry Tony - meant Tone as in GWB's good buddy - as in Reverend Blair late of Albion Parish a la Private Eye

:$ :$ :$

wouldn't dream of impugning you in such a manner

many other matters perhaps :-> :-> :-> but def not that one

B-)

Archived