Mel B

Sparkle

J9withdogs - 2007-12-03 7:51 PM

Never realised Sunderland was so exciting!

Have you got pictures of your lights this year yet? (lol)

Will be taking pictures soon and I promise to post a couple for you if you are sure that is what you want.

The area of Sunderland that we live in is a deprived area, it WAS also a pretty notorious area too, hence my very agressive attitude towards anyone who harms my family.

If I didnt do that we would maybe become targets ourselves.

The deprivation started when the shipyards and pits closed down

The notoriety started when the police took to a policy of sitting in warm offices instead of getting onto the beat and the fathers/mothers took to certain means of mitigating their families hardships.

I dont want to get into any discussion about who is to blame for either the notoriety or the deprivation because that doesn't matter a damn, the fact is it happened because someone somewhere allowed it to happen.

It forced nice people to take desperate measures

Well in order to help brighten up a few of the kids lives we decided to put up a few lights at Christmas, it has worked.

The kids start to talk about our lights from August onwards and their faces when they come to get their Santa letter has to be seen to be believed.

Life here can be VERY VERY nice but it used also to be very very hard for families. It is getting a lot better these last few years.

It takes maybe thousands of people to bring up a child, each one making their own small impression on the childs outlook on the future.

I hope that in our own little way we have made a good impression on the kids and shown them that life can be fun.

Syd I know you did not post that for any reason than about the lights but is shows many different facets of life and when you come over all hard on some of your posts, but its nice to think you can show how people can make a difference by doing things like for the kids. Carol.

Hi Hymer C 9.

Please don't praise me up as it will just go to my head.

I am in no way the only person here trying to make things better, most do much more than we do only the others will hardly have anything to do with me because of my past.

Give a dog a bad name and it sticks.

Im not bothered by it in the least as it serves a useful purpose for me

Having few friends means that I have fewer pains in the arse around me

Can we leave it at that now

J9withdogs - 2007-12-04 6:20 PM

Don't you fancy connecting with Bruce, Syd?? :D :D

Im still a little shy, we have not been properly introduced yet

Archived