lezlondon

Mick H.

BGD - 2007-12-03 10:58 PM

It's gonna make breathing in London cleaner too.

If it ain't hurting, it ain't working I'm afraid.

Welcome to beginning to reap what we as a society have been sowing for the past century or so.

Makes a nonsense of your line on the bottom of your thread:- Live to glorious excess; moderation is for wimps!

Mick H.

Not at all really.

Not if you think about it.

My sig line refers to life. Slow strangulation of myself, my children, and further furure generations via fumes and pollutants, and continued global warming coupled with excessive and still increasing consumption of rapidly dwindling mineral oil reserves to feed the "developed" world's crazy "me, must have, more, now" at the expense of most of the rest of the gobal population and the entire planetary ecosystem hardly count as living the precious gift of life to the full as far as I'm concerned.

You are of course entitled not to think about it and retain a different view.

donna miller - 2007-12-04 2:54 PM

I'm sorry but how does charging a hard working company, £1000 per week,per vehicle to deliver goods to the inner/outer London area. Do anything for the enviroment. Those deliveries still have to be made, emissions are still made, but the councils reap the pickings. Care for the enviroment, yeah right.

Education may be the answer, but you dont educate people by taxing them out of existence.

BGD.You appear to show concern about the planet, do I take it you are willing to show your support by scrapping your pride and joy,buying a tent and going everywhere by pushbike. Or are you happy to just to let others pay the price for you and your freedom. I certainly dont want to argue or fall out with you, but as I said, It's very easy to make the comments you have, when you live 100s of miles away.

Mike P. Well said, the British are a nation of whingers, yet are unprepared to commit to protest against the very things they complain about. In 1990 I sat for nearly 2 weeks on the approach roads to the Mont Blanc tunnel when the Italians and French went on strike and blockaded the roads and border crossings. Then a couple of years ago, I sat on the Severn bridge in the fuel protests for 2-3 hours before the police came along and threatened to arrest all the drivers, what happened, they all started up their engines and went home.

What many people don't realise is that those fuel protests were so close to shutting down the largest fuel depots in south Wales. If only they had held out a bit longer, but it would seem 99% of people are only bothered about protecting themselves.

As I said above do unto them as the French do.

Mick H.

Archived