I have had a good day today....

icelander

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tracker

What a wonderful day again here in paradise!

So mild, warm and sunny that I was able to really have a fun day.

Two loads of washing done and out on the line!

Dry enough to mow the lawn for the first time this year!

Washed and polished the car and hoovered inside it as well!

Took Rosie for a good long walk on Barafundle Beach and a dip in the sea (her not me!) - probably one of the best beaches in Wales if not the entire UK.

Just the hoovering in the bungalow now and the rest of the day will be my own.

All in all another good day in paradise!

Tracker - 2008-01-25 3:56 PM What a wonderful day again here in paradise! So mild, warm and sunny that I was able to really have a fun day. Two loads of washing done and out on the line! Dry enough to mow the lawn for the first time this year! Washed and polished the car and hoovered inside it as well! Took Rosie for a good long walk on Barafundle Beach and a dip in the sea (her not me!) - probably one of the best beaches in Wales if not the entire UK. Just the hoovering in the bungalow now and the rest of the day will be my own. All in all another good day in paradise!

What a wonderful day again here in Paradise.

So mild, warm and sunny that I was able to really have a fun day.

Wife has done two loads of washing and it's out on the line. Dry enough for her to mow the lawn for the first time this year. Wife has washed and polished the car and hoovered it as well.

Just the hoovering now for the wife to finish, then she can put her feet up.

All in all, another good day in Paradise.

Guest Tracker
Seems you might pretend to have a better version of paradise than me Barry - but no way would I swap rural and coastal Pembrokeshire for inland and urban Buckinghamshire!

Guest Tracker
crinklystarfish - 2008-01-31 4:24 PM

Rather a pity then that they exist only to be exploited. When I see baby lambs, my heart is heavy.

On the other hand if they were not born to be eaten they would not be born at all so thanks to our exploitation they do have a brief lamby excursion into the real world.

Guest Tracker
crinklystarfish - 2008-01-31 4:51 PM

But here I do.

Rich, this is the argument that children in year 6 come up with. Think it through for 24 hrs and if you still want to put it forward get back to us.

Sorry, but philosophy never was my idea of fun - I just enjoy a good roast lamb or lamb chop lunch!Too much thinking is bad for you - life is too short - and I really ain't brainy enough to worry about it - fortunately!

Guest Tracker
OOOOOh luverly picture - lamb chops, roast lamb, mutton stew, shepherds pie, woolly jumpers, dog food, bone meal etc etc - surely the ultimate renewable resource?

Guest Tracker
crinklystarfish - 2008-01-31 5:21 PM

Richard, you are a bad man.

Not bad - just hungry and cold with a hungry dog and a garden in need of bonemeal!

Guest Tracker
J9withdogs - 2008-01-31 5:34 PM

Don't give Rosie the bonemeal - it's supposed to be BONIO, Rich :D

Thanks for that - Rosie prefers a good juicy lamb leg bone rather than a Bonio as she thinks Bonio's are for lapdogs not real dogs!

Richardddddddddddddddd.

Whilst I am no veggie I dont believe that Animals were put on the planet just for mankind to kill. What gave us the right just because we can?

No you will have to do beter than that Rich and I for one bet you have a soft spot somewhere . Should we all take to eating Dog & cat then NO ?

why is that I wonder because they show a degree of intellegence.

Guest Tracker
J9withdogs - 2008-01-31 7:15 PM

I've got a soft spot for Rich - it's called the Goodwin Sands :D

S'funny I was hoping to take you to Rannoch Moor before you dumped me - how did you suss that one?

Guest Tracker
michele - 2008-01-31 6:38 PM

Richardddddddddddddddd.

Whilst I am no veggie I dont believe that Animals were put on the planet just for mankind to kill. What gave us the right just because we can?

No you will have to do beter than that Rich and I for one bet you have a soft spot somewhere . Should we all take to eating Dog & cat then NO ?

why is that I wonder because they show a degree of intellegence.

All of the planet's resources have been put there by a higher intelligence than we can perceive purely for mankind to exploit as best he can.

It matters little which animals we eat - but I would prefer the rearing and slaughter to be humane - at the very least play them some nice music while they wait to have their throats cut.

This is our challenge for survival.

Should we be caught or found out the maker will disavow all knowledge.

This message will self destruct in five seconds.

Archived