Travel insurance

BrianR

Hi,

You could try Safeguard they provide Travel Insurance specifically tailored towards Motorhome's,

Not sure about the conditions, but I hope it helps

BrianR - 2007-12-14 4:31 PM

Does anyone know of a company who have an ANNUAL MULTI-TRIP policy covering Europe for people over 65 where limit for any one trip is 90 days or more and the maximum number of days you can travel in the year is over 180 days?

Thanks for the reply. However, I should have said that I have tried all the well known insurers and all those already featured on this forum and, unless they have very recently changed their policies, they are no use. Changes in the last few years all seem to be making these policies more restrictive. :-( .

Brian

Hi, BrianR

That does seem very strange that Safeguard have not been able to provide what you require as I only suggested safeguard because there web site states the extract below and while we are both under 60 we do have an annual multi trip policy that provides cover for 90 days at a time specifically with the motorhome it only provides 31 days if we don't use the motorhome:-

Extracted from Safeguards travel insurance web site

http://www.safeguarduk.co.uk/Travel.aspx

"Travel Insurance for Over-65s

Whilst arranging cover is not usually a problem for younger travellers, it can be a frustrating process finding travel insurance for over-65s. Safeguard can arrange travel insurance policies that cover people up to the age of 84, so you can set off on your caravan holiday and motorhome touring holiday and relax without worry!"

Brian

BrianR - 2007-12-14 8:24 PM

Thanks for the reply. However, I should have said that I have tried all the well known insurers and all those already featured on this forum and, unless they have very recently changed their policies, they are no use. Changes in the last few years all seem to be making these policies more restrictive. :-( .

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

hi brian

a late post ..but if you haven't got sorted out try

www.europe-assistance.co.uk

their age limit is 80 years

annual multi-trip policy for max 91 consecutive days any 1 trip & max 183 days abroad in any 1 period of insurance

they cover

europe

and also offer 2 w/wide options

they are very helpful re cover for medical conditions

we have been fortunate that we have not had to make a claim so i cannot comment on the standard of 'after service' but all staff we have dealt with have been very efficient and polite

kind regards

berti

I have used Safeguard after I turned 65 because my previous insurer doubled the premium as soon as I reached that age.

I have 60 day multitrip as my house buildings and contents insurance only cover me for up to 60 days at a time. I have found no problem with Safeguard, my M/H is also insured with them and their breakdown service is very good and efficient.

Incidentally Safeguard are a part of the Swinton Group and I have my scooter insured with them.

Phil.

Have you tried talking to Comfort Insurance?  Fortunately, I can't (yet ;-)) advise on the age restrictions, but annual multi trip medical insurance is available from them as a "bolt on" to their home/contents cover. 

It means shifting various insurances around, but we now have the van, the car, our house, contents, and medical, all from Comfort.  The policies are all underwritten by Norwich Union, the wording is nice and clear and, by buying them from Comfort, you can arrange the whole package to dovetail together so that your preferred periods of absence are common across all the policies.  The longer you want to stay away at any one time, the higher the premiums tend to rise, naturally, but by taking advantage of the very advantageously priced breakdown/recovery "bolt on" (operated by the RAC) to the vehicle insurance, we found the overall cost was quite competitive, and gave integrated cover for all our needs. 

That integration of the covers was something I couldn't arrive at by buying the insurances separately, there was always a "bear trap" or a duplication somewhere, and the price advantage of the breakdown/recovery supplement more than compensated for any extra premiums on the other bits of the package.  Talk to them, though, don't use an on-line enquiry.  I have always found them intelligent, helpful, and quick to respond with fully detailed quotes and specimen policy documents.  The boss is a motorhomer, so they understand what you're after.

Archived