tom tom gps

sooty10

Slightly off topic, but if anyone is interested the tomtom 720 (as well as the other models) is on sale at very competative prices at

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/131112

the 720 at £185 inc vat and free delivery.

Bas

1 Jan 2008 even better price £180 for the 720T at Halfords

This is an exclusive price only available by entering the following promotional code at the checkout: HALTTGO720

other models available found at

http://www.find-satnav-deals.com/

the 720 at £185 inc vat and free delivery.

Bas

t

1 Jan 2008 even better price £180 for the 720T at Halfords

This is an exclusive price only available by entering the following promotional code at the checkout: HALTTGO720

other models available found at

http://www.find-satnav-deals.com/ the 720t is £205 at halfords and is out of stock, the 720 is £180

Hi bigal,

Thanks, yes I saw that after I had ordered mine I also found it cheaper still for £170.17p at

http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk./new-from-tomtom-go-520-720-one-xl-rider-v2.html?PHPSESSID=5cfec1d29b9c45a4b5db01a5f86e98bd

both Halfords and this one were dearer at the time I posted, prices seem very fluid at the moment, however I was happy with the price and service I got.

No point in getting the 720T as you can get the TMC attachment (it is only in the box with the 'T') less than the difference in the price of the 720 and the 720T.

Bas

Bas

Could you provide more info re the TMC attachment? The price diff between 720 & 720 T is about £30 but I can't find a TMC attachment for less than about £50. Perhaps I'm looking for the wrong thing. Could you point in right direction please?

Hughmer - 2008-01-03 11:10 AM

Bas

Could you provide more info re the TMC attachment? The price diff between 720 & 720 T is about £30 but I can't find a TMC attachment for less than about £50. Perhaps I'm looking for the wrong thing. Could you point in right direction please?

Hi Hugh,

At the time I was looking the difference was around £45, but with the on going price cutting (the 720 is available for as low as £169 now) that has no doubt made the differential smaller.

Currently the TMC plug in is out of stock at the cheapest, at the time, on line outlet where I got mine with my 720 i.e. E-buyer where it was £29.01 inc vat on 27 december pp free, however looking today it is not listed so therefore out of stock presumably.

Global Positioning Systems have it listed but also not stock and is priced at £39.96, which is also less than the £50 you have seen it for. Amazon have them in stock at £33.67 pp free.

Hope that helps a bit.

Bas

Hi Hugh,

Yes it is interesting. It seems that Halfords and Dixons are having a price war with these, though Halfords are currently out of stock of the 720T by the look.

Makes you think though that the likes of Tesco are now £100 dearer on the 720 and that Dixons are cheapest for the 720T.

As an aside having now tried the TMC attachment, I have to say that I am underwhelmed. Although it is the latest incarnation that is supposed to be improved over the much critisised earlier version, it is not very sensitive and I am not at all convinced of its worth at the moment. Placing it next to the 'A' pillar as suggested in the instructions makes it even less sensitive and its position on the windscreen is starting to impinge on vision. If I knew what I know now I am not sure I would bother, I am seriously considering returning it as 'not fit for purpose', one advantage of buying it seperately I suppose!

Bas

Very useful info thanks Bas. Hope you don't get lumbered with the receiver. At about the same time you were posting I read a review on line with much the same comment. Looks like TT have improvements to make.

Meanwhile with Christmas present money burning a hole in my pocket: - " to buy or not to buy, - that is the question "

Hi Hugh,

I would certainly Go (pun intended (lol) ) for the 720, is quite impressive as is the Tom Tom Home up dating etc., though although it is not made clear when you buy it, the Safety (?) Camera Database is a one off update and annually chargeable thereafter at £4.95 with a code number, though I suppose that is not to onerous!! But the machine especially at the now vastly reduced price is IMO good.

Bas

Archived