Piccys only

michele

michele - 2008-07-26 3:00 PM

Would love to see the nine locks . I fell in love with it years ago and since watching Rick Stein Chef on the Ann Jodie canal barge travelling the lenght of the Canal I have always promised we would do it .

So this year we are taking the month and hoping to start as close to the top as we can and follow it down to Agde where we hope to pick up the static part of the holiday where we stay for two weeks .

Wont be able to bike it would love to but alas no one for the kids to look after ...i will await a few more pics when you have time.

Do they charge to saty parked on the Canal.

There were vans parked alongside the canal at Trebes and I didn't see any signs of charges. About a dozen vans or so were parked nose to tail along a lane by the canal - it had an 'Aires' sign up so was official.

;-)

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
michele - 2008-07-27 12:23 PM

Beautiful thanks alot I dont know why but in my imagination I imagine it all to be like No 2 and 4 ...fantastic

You're right. We saw about 25 miles or so and it was all like 2 + 4.

Pic number 1 is a lock keepers cottage - and the ones we saw look very much like this.

Pic number 3 is ( obviously) a lock. These were all a lot bigger than locks in GB and the lock gates operated electronically by a keeper. Some of the keepers were wandering around with remote controls to operate them. All very high tech - no winding handles like here at home. ;-)

Hi everyone

First attempt at adding photos, these pics are of a superb Aire at Cast de Guildo in Brittany and the view towards the harbour and town.

The gang, minus the eldest two, outside Notre Dame and some fun in Euro Disney, lets hope the pics work?

cast-de-guildo.jpg.629c8b58b53a915d6bc0f04aade67dd0.jpg

cast-de-guildo-view.jpg.d0de5928a781278e75c9c18da15652bc.jpg

the-gang.jpg.2b2399e89878cedfa15083900ac04e87.jpg

euro-disney.jpg.a10ced697437c2b5b0a1bf4c98043484.jpg

kevandali - 2008-07-28 8:08 AM Hi everyone First attempt at adding photos, these pics are of a superb Aire at Cast de Guildo in Brittany and the view towards the harbour and town. The gang, minus the eldest two, outside Notre Dame and some fun in Euro Disney, lets hope the pics work?
  Your first attempt at adding photos obviously worked, well done. I have not worked it out yet, but no doubt will do one day. Site and views look lovely. Not difficult to spot the Brit Van! :-D

Hey Boots, I'm not sure what problems you're having trying to post a picture but this is the procedure :-

1. When you post or hit reply you need to tick the box at the bottom which says 'Attach a file after posting'.

2. When the then hit [submit] you'll then see another box headed 'Attach a file'.

3. Click on the [browse] button and navigate to the folder on your PC which contains your image, highlight the file then hit OK or double-click it.

4. The image name will then appear in the white box (to the left of [browse] so you then click the [submit] button to upload it.

5. You should then see a red message saying 'Uploaded successfully'.

6. Repeat from step 3 above for additional pictures to be uploaded and when you've finsided hit the hyperlink which says 'Return to the thread' to see your message and uploaded images.

That's all there is to it.  The only thing you need to bear in mind that anything you upload must be under 100kb in size.  The physical pixel x pixel image size doesn't really matter but it will fail at anything over 100kb.

If you need help with resizing then I'm happy to help with that if you let me know.

W2G

Thank you Way to Go. I tried putting a picture on my profile and that didnt work. I know the basic principles of uploading but thought maybe it was different to this live forum. I send pictures to family and friends using Picasa and as you may know, that just invites them to look at our album. Anyway, I intend to give it a go. I think the re-sizing bit may not be easy, but I will try and keep trying until I get it. Thanks again.

Archived