its worth checking your details

dshague

i was getting some quotes for my van .the agent said

yes you have had some bad luck in your car five bumps last year .what i say no two . it turns out these two had been entered on insurance dater base twice . also  i find this one the worst ..when i phoned up to ask if my damaged shower try was covered for accidental damage .when told excess i had to pay i did not claim.  they must have put  it down as a claim.  that was five not two.  no wonder this years quote was high. was told when you ask ask questions they are logged but wrong buttons get pressed as we all no .so please ask if you have got any information logged

I have had a simular problem with motor / motorhome quotes in 2005 I was t-boned by a third party and my company vehicle was written off no injuries thank goodness and the incedent was reported to my insurers as and accident without claim to my personnel insurers.

Then my good lady had a car park prang and it was settled 50/50 and as I have protected bonus cover no increase in premium was charged.

When I started ringing around for quotes on renewal I was refused protected bonus cover because it was stated I had incurred 2 claims in a 12 month period, which was not correct but an error on behalf of my previous insurers who after numerous phone calls sorted the records to show 1 incident with no presonnel claim and 1 accident with personnel claim and reinstated my protected status.

had this not been sorted correctly I would have incurred a much higher premium the trouble is unless you are informed there has been an error logging details it  can be very costly.

Archived