New Autocruise vans

Tomo3090

The Autocruise adverts on pages 90, 91 and 99 of MMM Feb 2008 seem pretty informative and there's additional Tempo/Rhythm material on the Autocruise website.

Unusually for a UK-built motorhome the Oakmont has Alde heating (with, presumably, the option of using engine waste-heat), though it's somewhat surprising that cab air-con is an optional extra. Kitchen looks a bit minimal regarding fridge capacity, storage and work-surface area, but I guess that, after you've forked out the asking-price, you won't be able to afford food! If the picture in the MMM advert is to be believed, it's a big step up/down between the Startrail's caravan entrance and the slide-out step.

See http://www.autocruise.co.uk/pdf/Autocruise-Price-List-Jan'08.pdf for prices.

Peculiar decals on all latest Autocruise models in my opinion - especially on the Startrail - with vertical 'stacks' of four coloured squares in various positions. Can't say I much care for the effect, but I've always been a motorhome-that's-white-all-over person at heart. In fact, I think the most attractive 'van I've seen was a monochrome-white Autocruise where the original owner had specified no external stick-on graphics when he ordered the vehicle. (And yes, my Hobby is indeed heavily endowed with square metres of sticky-backed coloured plastic and multi-hued paint, and yes I would much rather it be plain white instead.)

Following on from Dereks piece about the Autocruise graphics. I have an Autocruise on order and asked that the square bits be omitted, also that the water inlet device be changed for a straight through hose type as fitted to most vans. Unfortunately, on both counts, the answer was negative. It seems that the old customer care system has changed.

it's not just me then?

i dislike these solid blue and solid red colours where they then leave either the cab or the rear of the coachbuilt white.

this would stop me from buying. (just as well we don't all like the same,though)

pete

Derek Uzzell - 2008-01-26 9:54 AM

Peculiar decals on all latest Autocruise models in my opinion - especially on the Startrail - with vertical 'stacks' of four coloured squares in various positions. Can't say I much care for the effect, but I've always been a motorhome-that's-white-all-over person at heart. In fact, I think the most attractive 'van I've seen was a monochrome-white Autocruise where the original owner had specified no external stick-on graphics when he ordered the vehicle. (And yes, my Hobby is indeed heavily endowed with square metres of sticky-backed coloured plastic and multi-hued paint, and yes I would much rather it be plain white instead.)

Here is the reply from Autocruise on why their website doesn't work, this being the huge section on the home page for the 2 new vans...

Hi Martyn

I’ve just tried it and no it doesn’t work. We haven’t actually finished this vehicle yet so that must be why nothing happens. I believe this will be ready for the NEC in February.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

I hate to ask, but why put them on the website if you can't view them

8-) 8-) 8-)

Martyn

I've had 2 autocruise van's a Starfire and my current van a Starblazer both are excalent vans. If going for new try buying through Marquis, you get lots of extras if you buy one of there specials at no extra cost compared to a standerd autocruise (lol)

Archived