Jump to content

I've got waterworks problems!!

Paul M

Recommended Posts

Help needed please. I have two waterworks problems with my Rapido 7087F.


1 The fresh water filler hose about 8" in from the filler cap has split, the hose it self is concertina shape with internal wire strengthening. How can I repair this? the split is on a right angled bend. It looks to me that I will have (or have taken out) the boiler and or the water tank. Please help any suggestions most welcome.


2 Also I had a very small leak in one of the hot water pipes which was easy to repair. After draining down I cannot get a good flow from any of the taps, they keep spluttering. Again any suggestions.




PS Should state that the hose is split in two and just held by one wire!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Paul

I suspect that if you replace like for like, you will eventually have the same problem reoccur.

It may be possible to fit a rigid hose with a rigid elbow and then connect to the existing flexible.

As it is the fresh water tank it would be preferable to use food quality hose if you use it for drinking purposes.

Try CAK (in classified)or a local plumbers merchant for bits..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a similar problem on the inlet hose of my Auto-Sleeper and realised that it was caused by the end of the supply hose being pushed into the filler cap until the end of it came up against the bend in the inlet hose. I am now more careful (gentle) and have not had a repeat of the problem.The punctured hose was replaced like for like.


The spluttering sounds like an airlock somewhere in the system. Try draining down both hot and cold again, opening all the taps, close them all, refill again and open the hot water tap nearest the water heater until it flows smoothly, then progress, tap by tap, then do the same with the cold taps.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paul M:


As flicka advises, CAK Tanks Ltd (www.caktanks.co.uk) markets a wide range of water-related leisure vehicle products including flexible hoses of various diameters/bores. If you can identify a hose with an external diameter slightly less than the internal diameter of your present filler hose, then it might be a practical proposition to slide a length of the smaller diameter hose inside the damaged hose. I would envisage the new 'inner' hose reaching from the filler-inlet in your Rapido's body side all the way to the fresh-water tank (preferably entering the tank itself). You'd need to anoint liberally with sealant the area where the present hose is damaged, then bandage it up with duct tape. Obviously, you'd also have to make sure that the bore of the inner hose was sufficiently large to accept a filler-hose, otherwise you wouldn't be able to fill the water tank! Not a technically attractive strategy, but possibly the simplest. If all else fails and you need to replace the broken hose in its entirety, then it's likely that most caravan/motorhome dealers (or CAK) will stock a suitable product.


I'm fairly sure that Rapido uses a pressure-sensitive diaphragm-type water pump, so, regarding the spluttering from the taps, I suggest you check the integrity of the water-feed between the water pick-up point inside the water tank and the water pump. If any of the joints aren't fully watertight or there's damage (eg. a crack in the connection-fitting on the water tank), then the pump will suck air into the water-feed and spluttering at the taps will be inevitable. If there is an air leak, as the water-feed between in-tank pick-up point and pump is not pressurised, there may be little (or no) matching water leakage symptoms.


There are 'gadgets' on the market (CAK's "Fillmate" is one) comprising a replacement water filler-cap with a snap-fit hose-connector on the outside and a short length of hose on the inner side. This screws on the motorhome's filler-inlet and facilitates water-tank filling as there's no longer any opportunity for the filler hose to fly out of the inlet when the water supply is turned on. Might also be useful in preventing potential damage if the hose between filler-inlet and water tank is sharply curved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...