Bike rack on Autocruise Starfire

redbarry

This is my first attempt at this so hope I get it right!!!

We want to fit a 2 bike rack on the back of our Autocruise Starfire. I have looked at suitable racks and come up with Fiamma Pro C as most likely. Also looked at access inside the van for bolts etc and it all looks quite straight forward. Am I missing something or is it all as simple as it seems. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. redbarry

I think that Autocruise fit wood strengthening strips into the rear of their vans to help take the load. It probably depends on the year of your van whether these will match up with the Pro C and I would check this out if I where you. I know that the current model rear section of the Starburst will not match up to take the Pro C and I suspect that other current models are also affected in this way.

In the case of the Starburst I find the situation a bit daft. Autocruise have always marketed this model on it's weight carrying capacity in conjuction with its short overhang. However, they have now designed a rear section that restricts the choice to the longest length of bike rack available which holds the bikes high up on the body. The only alternative I can see is a towbar/bike rack mounted on the chassis.

Thanks RonB

I contacted Autocruise as you suggested and they have sent me a drawing showing positions of wood in the rearside of our van.

They have also confirmed the Pro C as a suitable rack.

Just got to source one and fit it now !!

Thanks again

redbarry

redbarry - 2008-01-30 5:17 PM

Just got to source one and fit it now !!

redbarry

I'm sure others will have different suggestions, but I've found

www.agentfiamma.co.uk

good for Fiamma items. Keen price and delivery cost, and good response to emails.

Must admit, I bought my Pro C locally, but they supplied my last awning.

Subject to finding the right mounting points, and ensuring clearance on the inside, mounting the bike rack should be easy.

Just measure and check everything twice before drilling (and then do it at least twice more ;-) )

In general, if you catch the correct light, you may be able to see the location of the mounting battens.

Archived