MS AQUTOROUTE WITH GPS NO 2

Paul M

MS AQUTOROUTE WITH GPS NO 2  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi All

6the Feb as asked for help with downloading PIO to my Autoroute with GPS. Had a couple of replys but been a real computer "nurd", but I am still confused with all the formats suggested :- RAR Format, Win Par,Win Zip,ASC etc etc

I have Medion lap top loaded with Vista, can anybody help we in laymans terms what I have to do to, to down load?

Paul M

Hi Paul M

Can you be a little more specific about what sort of POI's you want to download. Do you want CC sites and C&CC sites, or do you want Aires in France, or Stellplatz in Germany.

Once we have a bit more info perhaps we can help in laymans terms.

Doug

Just to clarify your original question. RAR and WINZIP files are essentionally forms of compressing a series of files into a single compressed file. A bit like an envelope which consists of a series of sheets of paper - or in this case files. When a program is posted on the internet in RAR format they have to be broken down into a series of files to allow posting. The RAR files are usually accompanied by PAR files which enable the RAR files to be reconstructed on your PC and repair any damaged ones. ASC is a basic file type which is often used (in this case) as a common POI format that most types of conversion software will recognise . . . a bit like Rich Text Format. . . . . . Well you did ask ;-)

Archived