Bessacarr E350

Porkbrain

Hi all,

does anyone have one, or know where I can get some more info on the E350? I've been googling till the cows come home but can't find any technical details, reviews or downloads of the owner's handbook etc.

The one that I am going to test drive next week really 'felt right' compared to many others that I've looked at so I'll probably buy it anyway but would have a much warmer feeling if I could get some firsthand info.

One of the main trips will be to troll around Germany for 3 months later this year, so with the introduction of the Umwelt Zone does anyone know what the Euro rating of the engine is - its a 2002 model based on a Fiat Ducato 1.9 Turbo Diesel.

Having spent many enjoyable years in Berlin as a squaddie I'd really like to go back there as well as the green stuff in Bavaria etc.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

:-)

I doubt you'll be able to obtain Bessacarr E350 technical data directly from the internet, though you may be able to get something useful from an owner.

I'm not sure whether this vehicle was reviewed in motorhome magazines - MMM certainly never tested one, though Which Motorcaravan seems to have reported on an E330 in the June 2000 issue. An updated E350 was released for 2002 (larger windows, Spinflo 3-burner hob/grill/oven, etc.). The standard motor was a 2-litre petrol, with 1.9TD optional. Price on-the-road was £26,480. I believe that the 2002 E350 and 2002 Swift Mondial GT were near enough identical twins.

The MotorHomeFacts forums has (had?) an E350 owner participating. The user-name was "johnandcharlie" and, if you GOOGLE using the search-term

"E350" site:www.motorhomefacts.com

you'll pick up the postings. Might be worth you trying to get in contact if you want more information.

(Nobody much cared about Euro-ratings in 2002, but I'd take an educated guess that the 1.9TD was Euro II by that time.)

Archived