shake in stearing

trooper

while heading down the motorway towards spain the other week the weels hit iether a bad joint, or a pothole in the road, after this I had a shake in the stearing at between 55 and 70, this went on for a 100 miles or so then gradualy disapaired, been alright since for a few thousand miles.

Any ideas anyone,

Tyres are fitted with ultraseal, I thought poss some bunched in one place and put wheel out of balance.

Cheers, (?)

Guest Tracker

May have thrown a balance lead off?

Have you checked the wheel nuts for tightness?

Have you checked the tyre pressures and all the tyres for any bulges?

Have you checked the front wheel bearings for the correct end float?

Suspension and shock absorber rubber bushes?

Switching fronts to backs might prove or disprove the bunching theory?

Do the checks Rich (Tracker) suggests, plus have the tracking and tyres checked at a Fiat Commercial workshop.  If all is OK it was probably bad road surfacing as Eddie (docted) suggests.

However, it is worth getting it all properly checked since self-repairing vans haven't yet been invented, and Fiat somehow don't seem likely to be first up with the invention!

Hi Trooper,

We have Ultaseal fitted to our van and something similar happened to us but after a few miles it disappeared and has never returned, put it down to the ultraseal. This happened in mid-summer and was fairly warm so I assume that the sealant is a little runnier at warmer temps. and as such would re-distribute itself a little quicker than a colder temps.

I would have thought that if it was a mechanical imbalance that it would still be there.

John D.

Archived