earth tremors

gaz43

Same for us up here in Yorks.

At 1st thought it was a large wagon rumbling down the road, then looked at the time & thought differently.

Dogs seemed OK, but the budgie went off on one. Now realise what it was.

Have looked around our bungalow this A.M. & all looks OK.

Thai

Felt it in Middlesbrough. The bed was moving and I could hear hangers rattling in the wardrobe.

Got up, put the light on and checked the wardrobe and nowt was happening so I thought it had been a dream.

Forgot all about it until I heard the radio this morning.

Graham

Thought at first this was a continuation of my "Corner Steadies" thread over on Motorhome Matters! But now I realise it was about the real thing :-D Sorry we didn't feel a thing here in Warrington, (well we didn't), but don't worry it is probably only the rest of the world shifting position around Warrington anyway. It happens a lot as people all want to be nearer to the centre of things. :-D

I was half awake anyway, then the bed started to shake - asked hubby what he thought it was and he said "the dog"! She has a nasty habit of having a really good enthusiastic scratch and rummage around and as she was sleeping by the bed he thought she was the one bashing it around. Being that it was the early hours I didn't argue!

8-)

Got caught up in a mild earthquake in Belise some years ago and it was absolutely terrifying. Never mind what life throws at you, solid ground underfoot is something so basic and taken for granted that nothing prepares you for this sort of event.

Our house shakes in strong winds or if door slammed, so you can imagine what it was like last night 8-) was a bit worried as both our chimney stacks are not well supported especialy inglenook which is 250 years old, so had a good look round this morning, all looks ok

howie - 2008-02-27 6:43 PM

Got caught up in a mild earthquake in Belise some years ago and it was absolutely terrifying. Never mind what life throws at you, solid ground underfoot is something so basic and taken for granted that nothing prepares you for this sort of event.

Seriously hope everyones ok Howies right we take things for granted .

But Howie is Belise far from Dunnshargin :D

Wow, what a strange experience it was being woken up in the middle of the night to the sound of a high speed train at the back of your head board 8-)

I must say that now I have experienced it, its not something I would like to go through on a larger scale *-)

My old bones were still shaking for an hour afterwards (!)

I guess we are lucky that it only damaged a few chimneys and we are not talking about more serious damage.

I am not one to be easily frightened, But what happened last night was pretty scarey (!) Glad everyones OK.

Archived