GPS Coordinates & POI's

John H

I don't know if this has already been on here but I have just been looking at a website which gives free POI downloads of all the ACSI and Camping Cheque sites plus lots of others. The site is www.archiescampings.eu/eng2. There is also a link to "Parafoeter's Website" which lists the GPS coordinates for the above.

John

http://www.archiescampings.eu/eng2/

I've just discovered how to copy a link :-D

John H

Seems like you have done what I would love to do. Off to France sometime in May and have been watching people explain how they have downloaded this & that, really envious. I have a Gamin 250 & I only realised a few days ago that infact I required a cable between the PC & sat. so you can see where i'm at. Got that mind. Think i've followed Garmins instructions for updates/poi download, so something like you have done may be my next move. If & when downloaded!! how is the information viewed on the sat., Icons popping up on the screen as you travel or do you do you press poi and get it in a written format. As you can see I have a long way to go & at best one step at a time. I read a thread from Way2Go "assume you know nothing" for me he would have to find another definition "less than nothing" I like to thing I will grasp it, but I don't hold my breath. I''ll keep watching.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I haven't downloaded them myself yet. I was having a quick browse at work and came across the website. I think I'll leave it until the weekend to give me time to sort things out if things go wrong.

We plan to go to France at the end of May/beginning of June. We are going to head for Royan, stay for a couple of days and slowly work our way back north, stopping wherever takes our fancy. I;ve got my ACSI, Les Castels and Camping Carnet cards, lots of Tesco vouchers for the tunnel. I just wish we were going tomorrow.

As far as downloading POI's, Way2Go is the expert and I shall be printing his previous posts off and hoping I don't cock it up completely.

John

Archived