water content gauge

Guest graham

Guest graham
Our Nuevo has a combined water content and voltmeter with the choice of reading selected by a rocker switch. This weekend the water content bit has gone up the spout. The needle flicks staight over to the stop when selected. The voltage bit still reads fine. The sender unit seems to be side mounted in the tank. Does anybody know how this system works and does the flick of the needle indicate an open circuit or short in the wiring. It is a warranty job but I like to have some idea of the problem before the service mechanics get stuck in.

Guest Sylvia Burman-Hunt
Hi, Graham. I have the same problem on my 2004 Duetto. At the Habitation check-up in July Todds said that there had been several vehicles with the same problem caused by water seeping up the sender (?) wire, and that the replacement units are a sealed unit. Told me they would send for a new part, but not to worry, it was under Warranty. So far they have not rung me to say the part has arrived, but I will get around to ringing them now that most of the touring season is over and I have just started a new Guide Dog puppy at walk. Motorcaravans and incontinent puppies do not mix very well, if you wish to preserve the integrity of your carpet! Heaven knows the hairs are quite enough to worry about. Hope this information is of some help/reassurance. Sylvia

Guest graham
Sylvia Thanks for that. I partially drained our tank and the unit is working again now but I guess if water seapage is the problem it might have dried out a bit. I will refill it now and try again.

Archived