Broken Electrolux fridge

Minstrel

The problem is that we don't have any 12v power to the fridge, which it needs to control the working by whatever fuel. The control panel of the fridge has no lights, no light inside and it doesn't work.

We (that is he) have looked thoroughly at the fridge and the electrics of the van without finding anything that might help. The circuit board looks intact.

A new fridge is a very expensive item ( this one is nearly six years old but without a great deal of use) so if you have any ideas we'd be grateful.

Hi,

You did not say what model you have. Check the fuse where the leisure battery is. This fuse on examination may look like it's overheated (burnt).This can happen with cheap fuses and also where the fuse has been contminated. Remove the old fuse and replace with the same amp type.

Before replacing the new fuse clean the contacts where the new fuse fits with switch cleaner (maplans) This should restore your power to your fridge.

Regards,

Brendan.

the model is Electrolux RM6275L or 6295L or 6367L or 6405L.

He's checked every fuse from the habitation battery and from the vehicle battery. They are all fine.

From the manual it looks as if there are 2 dc supplies, 12v at 20amps for fridge operation and 12v at DC (D+) for the control unit. Does the second supply (low current) have a fuse of its own. If so, we can't it.

Thanks for your help so far.

You need to check the supplies at the Fridge terminal blocks using a multimeter. This will confirm that a supply is missing.

Is there not a wiring diagram in your owners handbook?

C.

I have the Dometic Manual for these fridges. PM me an email address and I will send it to you.

C.

Using multimeter he found 12v at a terminal block behind the control panel for the fridge - a yellow wire and a white wire. The electrolux wiring diagram shows no colours. He doesn't know but assumes that this is the main power 12v supply and not the control panel supply. Wiring diagram shows two 12v supplies, also two 230v supplies. He put voltmeter both sides of the on/off switch on the control panel and there was no 12v either side. The fridge wiring diagram doesn't show any internal fuses.

Guest Tracker

I'm not sure - but should one 12v supply only work with the engine running (to power the fridge for cooling on the road) and the other 12v supply work from the leisure battery to power only the ignition and inside light?

Tracker - 2008-03-31 12:46 PM

I'm not sure - but should one 12v supply only work with the engine running (to power the fridge for cooling on the road) and the other 12v supply work from the leisure battery to power only the ignition and inside light?

Thereby begging the question of whether or not the fridge works while the vehicle is being driven.

Another question would be whether or not you have an electric step that automatically reptracts on starting up the engine. If you do and this is not working then they are likely to be controlled by the same fuse which is normally near the vehicle battery in the engine compartment.

On the other hand I could be talking rubbish.

Guest Tracker
cronkle - 2008-03-31 1:30 PM

On the other hand I could be talking rubbish.

No Mike, that's my function on here - and I do it well!

Thanks for the messages. firstly, no full wiring diagram of the vehicle, is this something that would come with a motorhome as standard?

Secondly, he's looked under the bonnet and there are three big fuses, 2 x 40amp and 1 x 60 amp, all OK.

Thirdly, the fridge didn't work while travelling either, although before the fault when the engine is on the fridge would work.

This is very frustrating for us. He's competent at electrics and really expects to find an in line 1-5amp fuse but just doesn't know where else to look.

Yes,

I would expect to find a wiring diagram in the owners handbook of a UK built MH. European models I am not so sure.

There must be somewhere in the MH a comprehensive fuse box type unit with seperate fuses for the lights, water pump, TV socket and the like. Is the common supply to the fridge not one of these?

Are there any names on the control panel in the MH, Like Shaudt or Elektroblock for example?

Is the MH a Euramobil 635HL

C.

Minstrel - 2008-03-31 2:19 PM

Thanks for the messages. firstly, no full wiring diagram of the vehicle, is this something that would come with a motorhome as standard?

Secondly, he's looked under the bonnet and there are three big fuses, 2 x 40amp and 1 x 60 amp, all OK.

Thirdly, the fridge didn't work while travelling either, although before the fault when the engine is on the fridge would work.

This is very frustrating for us. He's competent at electrics and really expects to find an in line 1-5amp fuse but just doesn't know where else to look.

In my old van the fuse I had trouble with was a spade type one set into a run of wire that had not been fixed to a bulkhead or anything else-just a bump in the wire really. It was within a foot or so of the positive terminal of the vehicle battery-easily missed!

I have just spoken to a nice Gent at the only remaining UK imported of Euromobil. (Don Amot) Although the control panel will be badged Euromobil we believe it to be made by CBE. Does it look like this picture? If it does I have the manual for this system.

I have just spoken to a nice Gent at the only remaining UK imported of Euromobil. (Don Amot) Although the control panel will be badged Euromobil we believe it to be made by CBE. Does it look like this picture? If it does I have the manual for this system.

I have just spoken to a nice Gent at the only remaining UK importer of Euromobil. (at Don Amot) Although the control panel will be badged Euromobil we believe it to be made by CBE. Does it look like this picture? If it does I have the manual for this system.

3 tries to upload and "server error" when I hit "Submit!"

3 tries to upload and "server error" when I hit "Submit!"

Clive, I am amazed you are going to so much trouble for us. Thank you.

It is a Euramobil 635HS, the control panel is not as shown on the diagram you posted.

Chris has left a message on Dometic's phone system to see if they can help. Apparently Electrolux fridges are made by Dometic.

Hi,

Please try where the leisure battery is and look and see is there a fuse which may be burnt looking. It may not even blown but it needs to be replaced. This is common on some units that are left unused for some time

esp' when a fuse is situated in a poor environment.

Regards,

Brendan.

Archived