Rear Corner Steadies

Mike The Red

Hello,

I have a swift Royale 620, which has quite a large overhang behind the rear axle.

Unfortunately as my son grows in size his movement around the rear of the van, (His end!!!), causes quite alot of movement, which can cause problems especially when cooking with boiling water etc

The overhang is supported by substantial chassis extentions and I have been trying to find some after market corner steadies to have fitted.

Does anyone have any suggestions :-( (!)

cheers

Mike

Guest Tracker

To overcome a similar problem many years ago we used a free standing bottle jack placed centrally at the rear of the van and bearing up onto a sheet of marine ply slotted under the spare wheel in it's carrier and reinforced at the point of contact with a block of wood.

There as no attempt to lift the van by this method - just to stop it from dropping and swaying under movement of heavy footed occupant.

A bit of a cheapie bodge, but it worked well for the short time that no 1 son was still coming with us on holidays.

Mike:

CAK (www.caktanks.com) market what you are looking for.

If you obtain a 2008 CAK catalogue, the 'stabilising jacks' are shown on Page 96. They are of the swing-down, telescopic type (I think made by Atwood) - one model adjusts in length from 290mm to 450mm (£45.27 per pair), while another adjusts from 390mm to 550mm (£52.05). Fitting should be reasonably straightforward.

Archived