It makes me mad when.....

J9withdogs

howie - 2008-04-18 12:18 PM

Just a figure of speech Spud and not suggesting you,ve been in my socks. Anyway, why aint you out keeping our motorways clear instead of lurking around this forum. 8-)

On 'garden decking' leave this week Howie, giving you all a well earned break! Never mind, normal service will be resumed next week. >:-) >:-)

K&D - 2008-04-16 5:57 PM

things just out of guarantee break, last month our computer broke after 2 years 3 months two year guarantee.

late in 2005 we had a new kitchen fitted space kitchens £8000 all new fitted appliances. today the oven broke. guess what two year guarantee. phoned them up they washed their hands.

two years really isn't good enough imo

Not quite correct take a look at http://www.berr.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

(half way down, you have 6 years cover )

Get it repaired and make a claim through the small claims court and 9 times out of 10, you will get your money back.

rgds

Last week everyone was banging on about people losing their homes because interest rates went up.

This week it is the rise in cost of food which is crippling us.

Why aren't the press or politicians blaming the cost of fuel? Why are we sitting back and accepting a 30% hike when a few years ago there were protests.

Of course the price of food will rise if transport costs rocket.

Of course people will feel the pinch if it costs an extra £20 a week for fuel to get them to work.

Is it me?

*-)

the price of the euro is having a big effect. in my trade selling carpets there as been big price increases. most of our carpets either directly or indirectly come from belgium. we buy them in sterlin. i.e lets say i buy a carpet for £100 the bulgiums get £100 for it regardless of the price of the euro. 6 months ago they would exchange that £100 for about 145 euros. now they only get about 120 euros. so the prices are going up. my prices as a result have risen by approx 10% sinse the new year and i imagine most other industries will have had to have done the same

Archived