Millau Aire

panagah

Hi has anyone used the aire at Millau? I ask because according to my book payment is by means of a credit/debit card. I am therefore wandering if this will get the same result as attempting to use the cc machine at the fuel pump.

Regards

Paul

We visited the Aire last October, there was no charge but get there early as it was very busy.

There are no services on the Aire but there is a borne a couple of hundred yards away on the edge of a public car park. The borne was 6€ by credit card but you can dump for free.

We visited the Aire last October, there was no charge but get there early as it was very busy.

There are no services on the Aire but there is a borne a couple of hundred yards away on the edge of a public car park. The borne was 6€ by credit card but you can dump for free.

We stayed on the Millau Aire about 18 months ago when heading home from Spain.

It was as already described, with the Borne on the edge of the town's public car park - part of which used to be the parking for motorhomes. The motorhome parkng is now across the busy main road.

If memory serves correctly the road is a dual carriageway and the aire can only be entered from the slip road when heading north and it's easy to miss.

If heading south you will need to do a u-turn at the roundabout at the southern end of the town.

There was no charge for parking.

Regards Cattwg

There are 2 alternatives if you can't pay at the machine.The first is to wait for a local Police Municipale person to turn up normally 1st thing in the morning and pay them cash or to ask a local to put their card into the machine and give them the cash(yes people are only too willing to help like this).

We saw the bridge for the first time last week and it is a "must see"experience.

Because we needed a site we drove from the town almost to the bridge and turned left in front of a Intermarche supermarket .The site is set in a bowl in the mountain and is spectacular with very good facilities.The name of the site escapes me alas.

Thanks as usual for all your helpful replies. It was the Borne I was referring to not the aire. Yes the aire is the one on the busy dual carrigeway. Incidently Clive what was the location of the muninciple you stayed at? And could you remember how mucch? We stayed at St lambrette? on the river a lovely place with a pool and very reasonable at 22e per night. However being Mr skin flint we will not be ariving in Millau till late afternoon therefore would use the aire on night 1 and leaving on night 4. If you get my picture.

panagah - 2008-04-20 9:09 PM

Thanks as usual for all your helpful replies. It was the Borne I was referring to not the aire. Yes the aire is the one on the busy dual carrigeway. Incidently Clive what was the location of the muninciple you stayed at? And could you remember how mucch? We stayed at St lambrette? on the river a lovely place with a pool and very reasonable at 22e per night. However being Mr skin flint we will not be ariving in Millau till late afternoon therefore would use the aire on night 1 and leaving on night 4. If you get my picture.

I don't think there is much chance of you getting on the Aire after 4pm. We were there March 2007 and by 4pm it was full but they were still creating a few more spaces.

Randonneur - 2008-04-21 4:00 PM

panagah - 2008-04-20 9:09 PM

I don't think there is much chance of you getting on the Aire after 4pm. We were there March 2007 and by 4pm it was full but they were still creating a few more spaces.

Strange that, last year in August, We went passed at gone 7pm and there was only 4 or so vans inthere.

I do take heed of your warning though and we always have another spot or two up our sleeves.

Hi - there was no charge for the new aire when we were there last Sept. Not by a dual carriageway either- was very quiet:

Rue De La Saunerie

N44.09576

E3.08564

or

N44 05' 44"

E 3 05' 08"

It looked a bit 'new' last year (no suprise) but they'd planted some trees etc and I'm sure it'll get better. A bit compact but then hey, who's complaining? It's free

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?hloc=FR|millau#map=44.0972,3.08086|17|4&loc=FR:44.09609:3.08542:17|millau|

Cheers

Griff

t_france_sept_2007__84__100.jpg.959848a2c9319a9892815aa420ae9eec.jpg

Archived