jest for howie

KD

Glad to hear it Dean and can,t understand how a club of this size ended up down there in the first place.

Interesting to see you were asked to remove your website. Does,nt bother me one way or the other, and often something that might be of interest, but I suppose you can,t have any grey areas otherwise we would spend most of our time ploughing through the adverts.

david platt tried to run before he could walk is the answer in a nutshell. spent all the clubs money on some italian hasbeens on massive wages. when forest didnt win promotion back to the premiership at the first attempt were left in financial ruin. a familar story southampton coventry leeds leicester all got in a simular boat

this has somthing to do with forest giving them their shirts on a tour years ago. simalar to the reason juventus wear black and white Italian side Juventus replaced their pink shirts because of a player from nottingham in their team around the turn of the century who had connections with notts county.

Is that the playoffs Dean?. Best thing thats happened to the football leagues for years. Used to be that for most clubs the season was over by Christmas, but now many are involved with the chance of promotion right up to the last game or two. Never mind, crickets on the way.

Informed this week that my presence is required on cup final day at my nephews wedding. Got a range of excuses but the missus knows them all so anything original would be welcome. :-(

K&D - 2008-05-11 8:57 PM

best team have won the premiership. well deserved, utd will win the champions league but wont be easy and next season win the premiership by a country mile

I see we have another "local" United Fan. I would like to see how many people who live in and around the Manchester area actually support Manchester United. Most of their fans come from outside the area. We used to live 10/12 miles from Manchester (Oldham and Bolton) and the people there wouldn't be seen dead supporting United.

howie - 2008-04-25 6:56 PM Hi Dean. Just been looking back at previous European Cup winners and maybe you can help as i,m sure some so called 'big clubs' are missing. Not sure who i,m missing out and thought you might know. Winners. Real Madrid--------------------------9 AC Milan------------------------------6 LIVERPOOL--------------------------5 Ajax-----------------------------------4 Inter Milan.................................2 Juventus-----------------------------2 Strength through adversity, thats what I say. Over Tuesdays slight hiccup and ready to see Chelsea rolled over with Liverpool still meeting Man U in the final, assuming they get past Barca and find someone to take those spot kicks.

Howie

Teams that have won it only the once:-

B/Dortmund, Olympic Marseille, Red Star Belgrade,PSV Eindoven, Steaua Bucharest, Hamburg, Aston Villa, Celtic(1967)  & Feyenoord.

Then there is Porto, Man Utd & Barcelona.

Thai

Thank you Brian, and a gentleman as always. Told tonight that some bookies are offering 33/1 against Cardiff City winning the cup. Not a betting man normally, but with those sort of odds I think i,ll put a couple of bob on a possible upset.

howie - 2008-05-14 12:27 AM Thank you Brian, and a gentleman as always. Told tonight that some bookies are offering 33/1 against Cardiff City winning the cup. Not a betting man normally, but with those sort of odds I think i,ll put a couple of bob on a possible upset.

Howie

Good idea sir,I'm thinking of doing the same.

My reasoning is that Pompey are going through a sticky patch at the moment, and they possibly used all their luck up against Man utd.

Thai

man utd have won it twice 68 and 99 and will be 3 time winners by next week

and i am a gambling man and you should snatch anyones hand off if theyre offering 33/1. at ladbrokes at the moment cardiff are 10/3 which is still a decent price in a 3 horse race

33/1 was way of the mark and 3/1 is the best price i,ve found as well Dean. This three horse race you mentioned. Still think West Brom are going to turn up on Saturday then. ;-)

Planning to move the fishpond soon and wondering if 'hook up cable' would be suitable to run the pump and filters. Armoured cable to garage and need about 7m to reach pond from there. Both ends will be waterproof and just want to know if there might be a problem using this type of cable.

howie - 2008-05-15 10:51 AM

33/1 was way of the mark and 3/1 is the best price i,ve found as well Dean. This three horse race you mentioned. Still think West Brom are going to turn up on Saturday then. ;-)

sorry howie but its a three horse race as it could be a draw at 90 minutes then unless your backing outright winner you would lose

Archived