Non-cylindrical LPG tanks

Tomo3090

Guest JudgeMental

Yes you can, and it frees up the gas locker. But it is still cylindrical - like a sausage....had one on a US import van years ago.

Thanks peeps! I have seen those from MTH on their site, but I wondered whether a non-cylindrical flattish shape might be a better fit under my van.

Something along the shape of a water tank but flatter is the picture I have in my mind. But then I have been told my mind is full of weird images and not all those are real. :-D

Hi

You can get doughnut shaped ones for fitting in the wheel wells of car boots for gas conversions. Could these be used, I don't see why not?

Just an idea that may help you!

Jon.

P.S, just struck me cylinders are positioned upright so you draw of gas not liquid, if you have one on its side or a dougnut one you wil need a special valve unit that vaporise the liquid into gas.

Quite right Brambles. The doughnut shape is ok for cars as it, correctly, delivers liquid to the engine whereas we need only gas.

I had looked into this before as it is difficult to get a decent size gas tank to sling under a lowered Alko (we occasionally scrape the exhaust never mind a tank).

In the end we went for the gaslows which didn't save the gas locker but has proved worth while (not financially but a darn sight easier than changing various "foreign" bottles).

Archived