SPAIN

juandbri

Can anyone offer any advice on good sites, places to visit etc. We are touring southern Spain in June. Starting Madrid and hoping to visit Toledo,Cordoba, Grenada, The Alpajurras, up the coast to Valencia and a stop off at Segovia before back to Madrid.

Particularly interested in campsites suitable for the city visits.

Thanks

Jules

We have stayed at Camping El Grego in Toledo. A bus stop right outside the site and a short bus ride into town. Lovely views from the pool right overlooking the city, great site. Another good location in Cordoba is Camp Municipal El Brillante, this site is right in the town some pitches a bit tight but very easy to walk all around the town. These sites are in the caravan club site book Europe 1.

Not sure about the others but plenty of sites near Granada.

Hope you have a great journey.

Sooty10

I suggest you get hold of a Caravan Europe 1 book. There are more sites in there than you will ever need! The reccommendations are from site users. We used it last year and we wouldn't travel abroad without it now. The other book to get is an ACSI Camping Card book. It has discounts for out of season users but the sites are still available and they are of different levels.

Echo the recommendation for Camping el Grego on the edge of Toledo. (Thought it may be called "el Greco", but I'm working from memory so am probably wrong!)

Town is very close by and the bus stop is right outside the site entrance. Make sure you walk all up through the gothic old-town.

For me, I'd say Toledo should be a must-see on your itinery.

Likewise Segovia, which is just gorgeous.

Also Granada (book your tickest for entrance to the best bits of the Alhambra Palace in advance if you're gonna get any chance of getting in to them in the summer season, but it's really worth it - we were over there a couple of weeks ago).

We stayed at Camping Motel Sierra Nevada in Granada. It is virtually in the city centre about 150 mtrs from the bus station. You can book tickets at reception for The Alahambra, (which is a "must see"). The site also has a pool in the summer and a little Tapas bar attached which has great paella! The downside is being a city centre site it is noisy at night until midnightish.

Archived