Trumatic C343-E

When opening the system this year the cold water supply pumps through but the hot water system seems to have an airlock .All I get at first is the gurgle sound and spitting out of the tap When I juggle the tap gently from cold to hot the supply will slowly be strong and full on.I close the tap and switch on water heater control and then when I open the tap I go through the same procedure to get full supply of supposed to be hot but it is only luke warm.Close the tap and and back to the same problem.

Is there a way of clearing the system that I can do to sort it out?.

Pump works OK water tank full(Eye checked as well as Gauge)

Bertie burstner:

I'm guessing that your motorhome's heater is (in Truma-speak) probably a Trumatic C-3402 (EL) - 3400W maximum blown-air output with a 230V 450W water-heating capability. (I'm unfamiliar with the C343-E reference you've provided.)

When filling Trumatic C-Series heaters with water, it can be tricky venting the air from the appliance and the water system.

I follow this routine:

1. Ensure all water drain valves are closed.

2. Fill fresh-water tank.

3. Make sure all taps are closed.

4. Place shower hand-set in deep bucket.

5. Open shower hot tap fully and switch on water-pump.

6. When water emerges smoothly from shower hand-set the boiler will be full.

7. Close shower hot tap and vent air from the other taps one by one, using bucket to avoid water splashing.

I've copied the above from an earlier posting (see link below) that you might find useful

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=9688&posts=13

:-D Well had to put off further investication as washing machine finally gave in and was taken by hand to the shops for new one.

That sorted Sunday morning had another look as the problem was still there.I started emptying the tank and filled two 10Litre buckets and as the water tank is supposed only to hold 12litres I felt I was emptying the inboard 100litre tank.I had a coffee getting splinters from head scratching.

I had another look at the Trumatic and I thought there was only one drain plug when in fact there were two.The second was just a hand operated on off.On opening and then pumping it cleared the air block and I was able to fill the tank and heat water after closing it again.

Lesson learnt and marked up.

The unit only has C343-E on the casing perhapes its a continental code as I purchased in France.It is a Burstner T605 Privelage on a Citroen Jumper 2.8 HDI.

Many thanks to you both for your advice and help.

Archived