Headlight Protectors

Mike B.

I saw an advert a while back for headlight protectors for Fiat vans which also served as beam converters for European use. They covered the whole headlamp rather than just the sticky thing you get from Halfords. Unfortunately I can't remember which months MMM it was advertised in. Does anybody know where I can buy a set of these from and do they work?

Thanks

Mike

Had a rather belated look for this last week, as we're off to france in the next few days. I did speak to Formula4, but found theirs only is a clear cover, with no markings at all (ie like the headlamps), and certainly no 'conversion' included in the cover. It worked out I think around £50. I also spoke ot the local FIAT parts dept, they advised there is a 'standard' FIAT part, but again a cost of £50, and as far as I caould ascertian just a clear cover.

So I am sticking with the usual 'Halfords' type of stick-on or whatever. Used one of the 'clear' type last year as opposed to the older 'Lucas' black tape, but it was quite difficult to remove, and certinaly not re-usable like the Lucas ones.

If someone comes up with one which either includes markings or actual conversion/blanking spot, please post the info

Had a rather belated look for this last week, as we're off to france in the next few days. I did speak to Formula4, but found theirs only is a clear cover, with no markings at all (ie like the headlamps), and certainly no 'conversion' included in the cover. It worked out I think around £50. I also spoke ot the local FIAT parts dept, they advised there is a 'standard' FIAT part, but again a cost of £50, and as far as I caould ascertian just a clear cover.

So I am sticking with the usual 'Halfords' type of stick-on or whatever. Used one of the 'clear' type last year as opposed to the older 'Lucas' black tape, but it was quite difficult to remove, and certinaly not re-usable like the Lucas ones.

If someone comes up with one which either includes markings or actual conversion/blanking spot, please post the info

The ones I bought from Formula 4 for my 2005 Ducato, came with 2 pieces of black sticky vinyl and there were a couple of lines each one to show you where to stick them. I just snap them over the headlights when I am on the train.

John H - 2008-05-20 12:17 PM

The ones I bought from Formula 4 for my 2005 Ducato, came with 2 pieces of black sticky vinyl and there were a couple of lines each one to show you where to stick them. I just snap them over the headlights when I am on the train.

Hi John

Those are the ones I saw on F 4 website and intended to buy-are they ok and do they do the job? If it works on yours it should work on mine!

Mike

Mike

the ones I was looking for were for the 2006+ new model, which has a clear lens, and for some reason all the covers are also completely clear with no markings.

My previus motorhome was 2002, and i had the matching covers which as you say had the correcct markings as to where to place the stickers.

If you model is of the 'older' style, then you should be OK.

The headlight protectors i got for my new vehicle were just clear like the headlights themselves so i bought beambenders and took both to our local MOT station and the guy lined them up with the machine and fitted the beambenders in the correct place on the protectors. I can take them off when in england and replace if i want with plain protectors to protect the headlights which with these plastic type light units is a good idea. I was also advised not to put beambenders or any other sticky type products straight onto the plastic 'glass' as it crazies the plastic

At Newbury I picked up two sets of headlamp protectors for £20 each, one set has the stickies from Halfords permanently attached, the second for normal protection, easy to change over when in Europe. All for £40

Archived