Is it just us?

Norma

Guest Tracker

We're off to Norway via Calais soon and reckon on about 6000 - 7000 miles over a six week period.

That translates to at least 1000 litres of diesel, mostly in expensive Scandinavian countries.

Bearing in mind that is about all the major costs of the holiday apart from the odd site and numerous ferries and toll bridges but not counting food etc., because we would eat wherever we were, the whole tour should come in at about £2500.

But for two people, for six weeks, at £210 per person per week it don't sound quite so bad!

We want to go so Sod the cost - let's just do it - after all it will probably cost twice as much next year!

Looks like a bad year for dealers ;

Noone wants to buy because of cost of running a m/home / diesel / depreciation / , then noone (in there right mind) (that might be a bit strong ;-) would want to buy one of the modern generation of m/homes with suspect water infiltraton, steering and reversing problems.

Rgds

We will keep travelling on the Continent and, to a degree, dam* the cost, as you are a long time dead. Having lost 4 'Old Bill' buddies in 6 months and three of them younger than I that fact was brought home to me as only to true. We have decided to become 'SKIers'.

(Spending Kids Inheritance)

chas - 2008-05-22 3:13 PM

I still have my bicycle and 2 man tent, :-S lets see how they can make that expensive. :-(

What ARE you doing Chas ! Don't challenge them.

The government may well be watching this forum and you have just given them a 'brilliant' new idea - cycle road tax !!!

...and, how about 'council tax for tents'

It's now only a matter of time - and you may well get the blame !

;-) ;-) ;-)

Guest JudgeMental
malc d - 2008-05-22 3:31 PM

chas - 2008-05-22 3:13 PM

I still have my bicycle and 2 man tent, :-S lets see how they can make that expensive. :-(

What ARE you doing Chas ! Don't challenge them.

The government may well be watching this forum and you have just given them a 'brilliant' new idea - cycle road tax !!!

...and, how about 'council tax for tents'

It's now only a matter of time - and you may well get the blame !

;-) ;-) ;-)

and what about taxing the profits on house price inflation - Thatcher wanted to do it! but her cronies talked her out of it as a sure fire vote loser *-)

Fuel (diesel) prices per litre converted to £ Sterling at exchange rate of €1.22 per £1.

France £1.03/£1.05 (15/17 Apr).  Germany £1.12 (19 Apr).  Italy £1.12 (20 Apr).  Slovenia £0.93 (2 May).  Hungary £1.04/£1.08 (11/19 May).  Slovakia £1.13 (16 May).

The present reduced exchange rate seems to be having a greater effect on prices outside UK than the actual oil price rise.  Do remember that all the above prices include state taxes paid at the pump, so you can see that the UK fuel tax level is not that different to elsewhere. 

Grin and bear it seems the only option.  Leaving your motorhome on your drive also costs money, and what use is it there?

Archived