Wildge & Jude

michele

Smashing photos and wish I could contribute as well (no advice please, I gave up a long time ago).

Apart from how well they will last the problem with digital is that its to easy to 'delete', which results in photos being lost for good. With the old cameras the whole reel would be developed, and even if not quite what you wanted would then be stored away to then be discovered years later, proving to be a invaluable source of information for not only families and friends, but for those researching and getting a feel on earlier times, and by being so selective we risk losing all that history and information forever.

Terrytraveller - 2008-05-23 9:09 AM

Hi W2G,

Just bought a 'Wind up radio' - so wind up or wind on is coming back into fashion. :-D

Hi Malc,

90 years on - I'm just doing my 70 years and my eyesight is failing :'(

Although I take alot of digital photo's, I tend to print out the best ones and put them in an album, the wife and I can then reminisce without lots of cables all over the place.

Mind you - the new LCD picture frames are getting cheaper now, so might go for one of those soon, you can have Glen Miller, Frank Sinatra and any other modern music in the background, whilst looking at your photo's. 8-)

Regards Terry

I didnt know that T :-) one of our Sons bought us one for Christmas and we still havent put anymore pics on it just the ones he loaded for us of his family were useless with all this new tecnology!!!

Lovely pics from you All I cant wait to go in June it will be our first time with M.H.

W2G,

Nice camera - digital SLR and 100 - 400mm lense, I am going green with envy. Where do you park up?

I saw Argos had a nice camera the other day, web only for £199, it had a long lens, 50mm to 400mm, but not swopable.

Howie,

mentions loosing or deleting valuable photo's, all media is so cheap now, its so easy to make copies on CD, DVD, external drives, and there are now numereous web sites offering storage, you should never loose a photo - mind you you may have difficulty remembering where you stored it.

Margaret,

Pleased you liked the photo's - I do envy you going across for the first time in the MH. Do remember to lock up or rope up the doors from inside at night, just in case. Have a nice holiday.

Regards Terry

:-S WOW........... I don't know what to say............ what a great response from you all..... thank you so much will try and take everything in and will pm way2go (although I have tried following instructions b4 and got lost in the 1st paragraph :$ ) but I can read a map honest!!

Thank you all so much once again .superb photos by the way......

Jude

:-S WOW........... I don't know what to say............ what a great response from you all..... thank you so much will try and take everything in and will pm way2go (although I have tried following instructions b4 and got lost in the 1st paragraph :$ ) but I can read a map honest!!

Jude

... ...Jude

sorry got carried away there!!! what chance have I got with a Download??

Hi Terry

I've got a Fuji S8000fd digital, got it late last year, cost £186 from Jessops on line complete with leather case, rechargeable batteries, rapid charger and 1gb SD card. For those that don't know, it's what is commonly called a 'bridge' camera, looks like a digitanl SLR but without the removable lens. The advantage over an SLR is that it has a built in flash and I don't have to fork out for lenses as well, it's got an 18x zoom on it and takes cracking shots. I'm going to give it a good workout whilst on holiday so expect some piccies when I get back.

Howie - I take your point about being able to delete shots which may/may not be a good thing, but what I find with a digital is that I take a heck of a lot more shots than I would normally, so catch more images and therefore more memories of what I've been up to than I would with a traditional film camera.

Mel B

Archived