Has anyone tried.

teflon2

The motorhome had to go so am thinking of buying a small cheap caravan but want to tow it with my Ford Cougar has anyone ever tried it as I've never seen one doing it. Its a 2.5 ltr. V6 manual gearbox. They definitely say an auto box is a no no. John (?)

What does the Cougar handbook say about towing weight and nose weight limits?

Being a big engine it might well be very high geared which might mean that you would hardly ever get to use the highest gears when towing - but never having owned a Cougar (unfortunately!) I would not know?

nose weight 75lbs, max towing 1200lbs, but never seen one towing a caravan as rather sporty suspension wondered if might get a bit flighty not a great lover of towing but could get used to it. Traction control can be switched off if necessary. John :-S

• 3 weeks later...
To answer my own question, just bought a second-hand Avondale Wren nice light van everything we need in a 6meter package 86 miles to get it recorded 36mpg collected and returned same way 27mpg towing considering it's 2.5 ltr. V6 I'm well pleased. The guy I bought it from advised me that it moved about a bit around HGVs towing it with his 4x4 but I found that with the stiffer suspension set up and lower towball connection it's beautifully stable never towed before but now I'm a tugger. John. (lol) *-)

Archived