Gas Level Indicators

Dave Gomersall

I nearly got caught out today by my gas running out, fortunately my second bottle was still full. This got me to looking on the internet for a Gas Level Indicator. At this point confusion set in. The price range was from £2 up to over £100. Some worked on temperature others on ultrasound still others on black magic!

Has anyone used an Indicator and if so which have they found to be the most accurate and best value for money? Hope that someone can help me.

Thanks

Hi Dave,

First off don't bother with a magnetic temperature indicator type (the ones shaped like a gas bottle) they're only any good to stick on the bottle to show which one you're using!

I have a Dometic Gas Level Checker Pen Link and find it really good. It takes a couple of minutes to get used to it but I reckon I can check the level to within a quarter of an inch or better. It doesn't work on refillables or near the weld of the cylinder but otherwise is very good IMO.

I paid £25 directly from Dometic at a show but see they are now around £30 to £35.

Keith.

Archived