Reupholstery of motorhome interior

richard60

Hi Richard,

We had our AT re-upholstered 2 years ago by Care A Van in Birmingham Link

They did a fabulous job replacing every single piece of upholstery, seating, bedding, curtains and trims in fabrics of our choice from their extensive catalogue. It took 5 days, we dropped the MH off with them on a Sunday afternoon and collected it finished on the Friday afternoon. We did pop by on the Wednesday afternoon to see how they where getting on as they are reasonably local to us.

I think if you ask they would run you to a station to get back home then pick you up to collect, they are a family business after all and value customers.

And finally, if you are a subscriber to MMM you get 10% discount.

So a personal recommendation from a very satisfied customer. We may even get ours done again in another couple of years to just to keep it 'fresh' :-)

Keith.

richard60 - 2015-10-15 9:13 AM

Would like to give our 2010 auto trail tracker a new lease of life, does anyone have any recommendations of a company to go to ? As we live in the south of England a local company would be good, I am prepared to travel if necessary.

Hi Richard

Try Premier Furnishing. They did theupholstery for our van whenit was made, and have done some work for us. I think if you contact Casey Fletcher (very Helpful lady) she will give you a good quote, and you can stay over for the night while they do the work, .

We are thinking about having our10 year old van done, as although still OK , they covers have faded, due to spending most of our time i the Spanish sun. So would pick a much lighter colour next time

PJay

Regal Upholstery, Ilkeston, Derbyshire. Not far off the M1. Will do it in a day, get there day before to choose material then stop in their yard overnight on hook up. Spend the day in either Derby or Nottingham until it's ready to be picked up. Not the cheapest but the best never are. Premier are not too far away from them either, so maybe get a couple of quotes from both.

Dave

Hi All, Can anyone beat this?. A couple of years ago we got quotes to re-upholster our van, plus the carpet was naff so needed changing. We were looking at prices in the thousands. Sod that says I (typical Yorkshireman). Her indoors has a perfectly good sewing machine plus skills to beat the band so we decided on a DIY job. Of we went to Dewsbury market with measurements to hand and , after some niffty negotiations, bought a roll of fabric large enough to do more than the job. £36! Next a visit to Range to buy zips etc. £20! Also, 12 carpet tiles £24! 2months later, job done. As good as any pro. Our van sleeps 6 so it was no small job but, with the right skills and determination, we managed. All the Best, Ian.

richard60 - 2015-10-15 9:13 AMWould like to give our 2010 auto trail tracker a new lease of life, does anyone have any recommendations of a company to go to ? As we live in the south of England a local company would be good, I am prepared to travel if necessary.

I have to ask why?  Is it because you have used the MH so much that the upholstery is worn out?, you're fed up with it?....what?......It just seems a relatively short time since it was new to need the upholstery replacing.

Guest pelmetman

Maybe a little bit of clarification of terms might be useful for when folk get quotes ;-) ..........

As Reupholstery can mean just new covering fabric......or new fabric + new foam.......but foam comes in many different flavours ie........hard, soft, memory, layered ie a crumb core with a foam wrap etc....... I suspect Joe public often just assume foam is foam, but you really need to try before you buy :D.............

So that's something to bear in mind, as I was surprised how quickly the foam in my old mans hymer degraded, mind you he was obese *-) ..............

I'm planning on changing some of our foam this year........maybe I'm not such a fat g*t after all......or perhaps foam really was of a better quality 25 years ago (lol) ..............

Ordered a new carpet to 8-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2015-10-16 10:09 PM

pelmetman - 2015-10-16 6:02 PM

Ordered a new carpet to 8-) ..........

Sounds like a bad case of Nocturia. :D :D

Dave

Gone for a quality stain resistant carpet with a water proof underlay in a nice shade of urine :D ........

Archived