Duvulay

sandalwood

Struggling with sheets, duvets etc, reviews please on Duvulay . The ones containg the memory foam. Value for money, how hot, easy packaging etc.

Very very expensive, are they worth it, but seem very compact, but probably need extra sheets! Compact or comfort?

Regards

Shirley

We bought two but one has gone to my daughter for use in sleepovers and the other we use as a spare bed. We didn't use them in the van because they took up too much space when rolled up and they are a bit awkward to roll up and pack away. OK if you leave them out but then you might as well have a duvet,and the duvets that come with the Duvalay are cheapest quality. Comfort is fine, I have slept on the floor with no problems.

So, useful .....but not for the van.

We have a Vantage PVC with a rear lounge that converts into a bed. The settees make up into a comfortable bed but we have added two single Duvalay mattress toppers so we can use the beds as singles or a double. The toppers are inserted into Duvalay fitted zipped sheet covers so come bedtime you just unroll and throw over a couple of single duvets - takes two minutes to make up the bed. They are not too bulky when rolled up and are squashy so no problem storing under one of the settees along with 2 single duvets, 4 pillows, an extra blanket plus a water container, a small oil filled heater, a small fan heater (options) and a Cadac barbecue.

The toppers are wonderfully soft and comfortable and I would say our best buy for the van. Yes, they are quite expensive but worth every penny in my opinion. We carry a spare set of the zipped covers on longer trips so we can get a set washed. We don’t find them to be hot at all, unlike our thicker topper at home, which we have had to stop using due to overheating.

The only negative is that they have a soft zipped cover over them and the zipped fitted sheet if you go for that so you have two covers to fit and it is a bit of a faff. Still worth it for the ease of use day to day though. In saying that we had a caravan with a French bed and the mattress cover on that was a real faff to fit as well. It only takes a few minutes of your life so not much of a negative really.

Don636 - 2019-03-19 4:41 PM

We have a Vantage PVC with a rear lounge that converts into a bed. The settees make up into a comfortable bed but we have added two single Duvalay mattress toppers so we can use the beds as singles or a double. The toppers are inserted into Duvalay fitted zipped sheet covers so come bedtime you just unroll and throw over a couple of single duvets - takes two minutes to make up the bed. They are not too bulky when rolled up and are squashy so no problem storing under one of the settees along with 2 single duvets, 4 pillows, an extra blanket plus a water container, a small oil filled heater, a small fan heater (options) and a Cadac barbecue.

The toppers are wonderfully soft and comfortable and I would say our best buy for the van. Yes, they are quite expensive but worth every penny in my opinion. We carry a spare set of the zipped covers on longer trips so we can get a set washed. We don’t find them to be hot at all, unlike our thicker topper at home, which we have had to stop using due to overheating.

The only negative is that they have a soft zipped cover over them and the zipped fitted sheet if you go for that so you have two covers to fit and it is a bit of a faff. Still worth it for the ease of use day to day though. In saying that we had a caravan with a French bed and the mattress cover on that was a real faff to fit as well. It only takes a few minutes of your life so not much of a negative really.

We concur. Exactly our experience

My OH uses one. We bought 2, 1 with the thinner memory foam and lighter duvet and 1 with the thicker and heavier. We did find them a faff to roll up and store, bu as we have a dog, our single settees/beds are always covered by throws, so now leave the memory foam mattresses on, under the throws. Works for us. The are a bit of a puzzle to hang up to dry and to fold.

We use them all the time. Each one has two covers so spare for long trips. Easy to roll up and comes with a bag. We have fixed beds so we roll them up on the bed and use them as backrest for relaxing on bed to read or watch telly. Very useful for that.

Yes they are pricey, but they are good quality and (We think) are worth it.

Regards,

We use a 4 seasons duel duvet, ie one is 4.5 TOG and the other is 10.5. We use one as a mattress topper and the other as the duvet, which one depends on the ambient temperature, so that gives us a very flexible option. As they are feather they fold up quite small and fit into one of the under bench seat lockers plus 2 pillows. We keep the other 2 pillows out to use as cushions during the day. My wife made covers for them to disguise the fact they are pillows! Did look at Duvalay but seemed very expensive and I don't like being 'zipped in' as I get hot feet and like to cool them off against the side of the van!

Regarding Roosters comment about not liking being zipped into a Duvalay. This would only apply if you had the Duvalay sleeping bag which combines a topper and a duvet which is fixed along the foot and one side and open on the other. They are very expensive and we preferred just the topper and a separate duvet of our own.

We are into our 10th year with our pair of Duvalays, several sets of covers of course. So yes, expensive to begin with, but worth the money in the long run. In our opinion.

We use differant Tog quilts, bought seperately. Cosy and warm.

The company was calleed 'Rakself' when we boought ours. Well made.

Archived