Instalations at shows - any issues?

iefandg

Hi there, two questions.

Has anyone had any poor installations on solar and audio equipment at shows

and how does one go about rectifying the situation if the company that did the shoddy work choose not to deal with it or avoid the problems

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I had my solar panels installed at a Show and they have been working flawlessly for about 5 years, so I'm very content.

There were three firms offering the service at that Show and we didn't pick the cheapest quote, I went for the most professionally credible supplier. They are still in business, still attend shows and I do not hesitate to recommend them.  http://www.solarsolutionsltd.co.uk/

My OH reconned theother two suppliers were a bit cowboyish, so we steered clear.  I fear that if you bought from a firm which lets you down with after sales service, you could perhaps complain to the show organisers as well as go after the firm in the usual ways, but you might end up cutting your losses.

If you have non-working panels, you could consider contacting solarsolutions for advice and maybe assistance and I doubt they would disappoint.  They are based somewhere near Poole.

We had a solar panel fitted at Peterbourgh some time ago. Excellent. And an awning a couple of years later. Most impressed again. Almost forgot the sog system.

Paid for the first 2 by card and cash for the sog

Thanks very much for the info. The company go to most shows so I can assume they are reputable. Will have a look at the solar company you suggested but its more about the installation, the products work fine.

It was a debit/credit card - I did contact the bank and they suggested I could only dispute it once the money had come out.

I am going to name the company on any site I can at the end of play today if they have not sorted it out as I feel I have been let down in numerous ways.

I fell into conversation with another motorhomer a few days ago because we have more or less the same model, a Hymer B674 which uis now ten years old.  He was not a happy bunny and was talking about going to war with the dealer from whom he bought the vehicle (ten years ago) because he was looking at having to replace the rubber trim above the mud guards for a third time because the finish was deteriorating.  To my eye they looked OK and were certainly better than mine (which have never been replaced and I don't see that doing so is necessary) but nothing less than perfection seemed to be enough for him.

I'm not sure why he feels that the dealer he bought from owes him a free replacement set of rubbers ten years down the line but it appeared that his expectation was precisely that.  I can;lt imagine that he will get very far but you never know.

It will be interesting to hear what your problem is.  No harming in trying to name and shame if it's justified except that you need to be sure you are telling the truth, making fair criticism and can, if necessary, prove it.

Thanks Stuart. I have had another twist and my motorhome is now leaking from where the solar panel wires come through the habitation area. This job has gone from bad to worse. I am 100% that I have been let down on many levels but when I complained I was the one made to feel as I was being unreasonable. What ever happened to the slogan the customer is always right!!

Is there anybody who regulates these people??

Archived