M B Sprinter Hub caps for a Hymer

Thai Bry

Happy new year to you all.

I was wondering if anyone on this forum could help me with my quest!
I've had one of the rear hub caps stolen off our vehicle.

They have a MB logo in the centre, which hides 2 screws that hold the rest of the hub cap onto the rear wheels.They are to fit 15" wheels

I've tried Hymer direct, who say that these are no longer available, and I should go through my local dealer. I've been in contact with a few Hymer dealers and they tell me to go direct to M Benz. This I've tried, even given them my VIN number, but they themselves can not find any. The good lady is searching e-bay, but again no luck so far.

Does anybody on here have any ideas of where I could possibly source one.? If not then looks like a complete new set of something that fits.

Many thanks in advance.

I think your Hymer is a 2007 model based on a Sprinter 416 chassis with a twinned-wheel rear axle.

There are on-line adverts for M-B hub-caps that resemble your description

http://tinyurl.com/zmy9m7o

but these vary in design and may well not be what you need.

Perhaps you could post a photo of one of the remaining hub-caps to the forum?

Derek Uzzell - 2017-01-11 7:57 AMI think your Hymer is a 2007 model based on a Sprinter 416 chassis with a twinned-wheel rear axle. There are on-line adverts for M-B hub-caps that resemble your descriptionhttp://tinyurl.com/zmy9m7obut these vary in design and may well not be what you need.Perhaps you could post a photo of one of the remaining hub-caps to the forum?

Many thanks as always Derek for your response.You are correct in the details of my motorhome

I will try to post a picture of the remaining hub cap. The missus has trawled e-bay and the like and cannot see anything like the one that we require.

Thanks
Brian

Brian,

Do you know if they are genuine MB fitment, Hymer fitment or some aftermarket fit?

You could try taking the other one off and seeing if there are any identifying marks or manufacturers name/numbers on the back.

If genuine MB there should be a part number which you can search for or even order through a MB dealer.

Keith.

Keithl - 2017-01-12 4:49 PMBrian,Do you know if they are genuine MB fitment, Hymer fitment or some aftermarket fit?You could try taking the other one off and seeing if there are any identifying marks or manufacturers name/numbers on the back.If genuine MB there should be a part number which you can search for or even order through a MB dealer.Keith.
I've looked and there are no identifying numbers. Hymer say that they stopped getting these from MB, a few years ago.
picture posted
Thanks for your help

Keithl - 2017-01-12 4:49 PMBrian,Do you know if they are genuine MB fitment, Hymer fitment or some aftermarket fit?You could try taking the other one off and seeing if there are any identifying marks or manufacturers name/numbers on the back.If genuine MB there should be a part number which you can search for or even order through a MB dealer.Keith.
I've looked and there are no identifying numbers. Hymer say that they stopped getting these from MB, a few years ago.
picture posted
Thanks for your help

596133768_MBHubcap2.PNG.213c822436469a6a4a4b2b43045087cc.PNG

This looks similar to the centre-cap in your photo

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-Mercedes-Benz-W901-905-Sprinter-Wheel-Hub-Cap-6014010325-/142011221110

https://www.mercedesvanparts.com/product/sprinter-wheel-centre-hub-cap/

Its SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) reference is A6014010325 and the images shown here

http://tinyurl.com/jht8sgz

indicate that it was fitted to various different Sprinter wheels.

Given the asking-price, I suggest that - before parting with any money - you remove one of your remaining centre-caps, confirm that the part being advertised matches on appearance, and then contact the ebay advertiser to see if they can say for sure that it’s the right part.

I had a cap go AWOL on one of my vans,

Spotted a pack of three similar of correct size at the local recycling centre. Removed the odd one from the vehicle and fitted two of the new ones on one side , That gave spare for each side. Barring posing the van against a mirror its impossible to see both sides at one and no one ever spotted the sides did not match.

Try your local motor factor. Mine keeps odd ones in a bin charges a nominal amount that goes to charity

George Collings - 2017-01-14 10:51 PMI had a cap go AWOL on one of my vans, Spotted a pack of three similar of correct size at the local recycling centre. Removed the odd one from the vehicle and fitted two of the new ones on one side , That gave spare for each side. Barring posing the van against a mirror its impossible to see both sides at one and no one ever spotted the sides did not match.Try your local motor factor. Mine keeps odd ones in a bin charges a nominal amount that goes to charity
Many thanks George
Seems like i will need to get a new set of hubcaps all round.
As trying to locate a complete hub cap including the screws and "Pop out" MB badge is proving harder than I thought.
The little oinks have actually stolen the complete hubcap, screws and MB badge. They could of done the other rear wheel as well, but they didn't!!
Many thanks for all your help and advice.

Archived