Peugeot boxer 2014 seatbelt warning light - help

Vernon

Having a Peugeot 2014 seatbelt warning light on and message saying their is a fault and to see a Peugoet main dealer. I wonder if it could be a blown fuse that is for tensioning the seat belts and is located in somewhere in the passenger glove box. Does anyone know how you gain access to,this hidden box? In the manual it says remove screws and the glovebox drops down. So far it's stumped me. Any had this problem? Any ideas?j

The fuse 'box' mentioned may be the one to the lower right of the steering wheel. The cover for this is held by two cross-head screws. There have been problems in the past when Peugeot have not changed the wording in their handbooks to reflect the fact that we drive on the left in the UK (so they have quoted positions as for a left-hand drive vehicle).

Vernon,

Rather than go on a wild goose chase for a possible blown fuse why not get the Airbag ECU scanned for codes to tell you exactly what the fault is?

A good garage with a decent quality scan tool should be able to scan it fairly quickly for you, or possibly a local accessory shop may have a scanner to loan out.

There have been recommendations on here in the past for budget priced scanners but you would need to check they can access the SRS/Airbag ECU as some can only access Engine ECU's. I believe the Autel MD802 All Systems can access the Airbag ECU from info on their website.

Keith.

You won't find a fuse for the SRS system.

Check the condition of the pre-tensioner wiring beneath the front seats. If you have swivel seats it can be prone to damage if the cables rub as the seats are turned.

If all appears OK then it is a matter of getting the SRS system read for fault codes, either by a dealer or using good diagnostic equipment - most of the cheaper diagnostic tools only cover generic engine error codes as mentioned.

If you find and intend to repair wiring damage, disconnect the battery and wait at least 30 minutes before doing any work, to the SRS system.

Deneb - 2018-03-16 10:29 AM

You won't find a fuse for the SRS system.

Sorry, on the Boxer it appears that the SRS system ECU is fused from the dashboard fuse box on fuse 50, 7.5A, so worth checking that first, but if it has blown the underseat wiring would be my next check before replacing it.

Vernon

The airbag system is protected (as Deneb has said) by a 7.5A fuse in fuse-way 50 in the fuse-box beneath a cover in the lower part of the dashboard to the right of the steering-wheel in a right-hand-drive Boxer.

The link below relates to a left-hand-drive Boxer

https://www.outilsobdfacile.com/location-plug-connector-obd/Peugeot-boxer-3

where the position of the dashboard fuse-box (shown by red arrow in the 1st photo) is to the left of the steering wheel - your Boxer’s fuse-box will be to the RIGHT of the steering-wheel.

The fuse-box contains three rows of fuses and the 3rd photo on the link just shows the lower two rows. Fuse-way 50 is in the uppermost row of fuses (invisible in the 3rd photo on the link) and is 2nd from the right (refer to the drawing I have attached).

There is some on-line discussion about this problem:

https://tinyurl.com/y9kym2wy

fuses.jpg.d157af491b6cc431a85b856659154ca7.jpg

Okay! Hold on to your seat or belt up! I was having my free coffee while the diagnostic was being done at the garage, and the nice man in a suit comes over with a smile on his face and a piece of paper in his hand. 'All done' he says, 'here's the quote for the work that's required, it's the seat belt ECU that's failed, luckily we have one in stock and can do it while you wait.' I take a look and suddenly the coffee doesn't taste so good. £555.80 including vat. Now this is a main dealer Peugot dealer, so no deals to be done. Still at least I got two free coffees.

Vernon - 2018-03-22 5:22 PM

Okay! Hold on to your seat or belt up! I was having my free coffee while the diagnostic was being done at the garage, and the nice man in a suit comes over with a smile on his face and a piece of paper in his hand. 'All done' he says, 'here's the quote for the work that's required, it's the seat belt ECU that's failed, luckily we have one in stock and can do it while you wait.' I take a look and suddenly the coffee doesn't taste so good. £555.80 including vat. Now this is a main dealer Peugot dealer, so no deals to be done. Still at least I got two free coffees.

Hope you're still sitting down. You could probably have got your faulty unit repaired by crashdata.co.uk for around £30. Unfortunately, main dealers like to replace, not repair!

Archived