When did Murvi go?

spospe

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BGD - 2012-11-13 3:57 PM

I believe that the thread was finally pulled early this afternoon...............an action that was in my opinion both legally and morally well overdue.

I agree entirely with that.

I think it had run its' course anyway - there wasn't much ( of value ) that could have been added.

Guest pelmetman

Tony wasn't too far out, he reckoned it would be gone by Monday ;-)..............

I think its the sign of things to come, you only have to see the rise of "Tripadvisor" and others to know that it'll spread across the board to all sectors of the commercial market, so anyone who sells a service, manufactures anything etc had best get used to the idea that their business is likely to become more and more interactive 8-)

Glad I'm retiring :D

Guest JudgeMental
quickweh - 2012-11-13 4:19 PM

JudgeMental - 2012-11-13 3:59 PM

morally? you make me sick...

Tell us who's post caused it to be pulled?

The OP's opening salvo was probably enough...its what repeatedly happens on here,they bow under pressure.

if the manufacturer was happy to take a dissatisfied and gullible pensioner to court I doubt they would stop there..

I wonder how long a thread would last,if it was started by a manufacturer and they'd used the name of their "Problem Customer" ,as their username and in the thread title?... :-S

Eddie... (lol) .. you keep on mentioning the word "pensioner"...as if to conjure up an image of some impoverished Dickensian figure,in fingerless mits,huddled around a candle... (lol)

..and there was me thinking she was an ordinary customer,who had committed herself to spending 45k+ on a "luxury"(..a luxury in which see was going to tour the continent)....

Good! It was a nasty little thread designed unfairly to "knock", and damage, a small van converter. It was left up far too long. Aspects of the original post never rang true, facts and corroboration were absent, and were never provided, and I'm surprised how many folk swallowed it hook line and sinker, making its removal even more imperative. There are always two sides to a dispute and, as became apparent when Murvi - I think somewhat unwisely - set out their side, the misleading elements of the original post became all too clear.

On the basis that the deposit was 10%, (and was non-refundable) as was stated by Murvi, this lady must have signed up to a £50,000 motorhome. Considering that, the fuss that was made over the mere £2,000 deposit forfeit - a direct consequence of her breach of contract - seemed rather laboured. She was, IMO, very lucky to get off so lightly. Difficult for some to accept, I know, but I think Murvi let her off very fairly. Had she pursued her apparently ill-judged court case to conclusion, I rather think she could have ended up significantly more out of pocket than even her £5,000 deposit. Barmy!

Both the OP and his mother seem to have been rather naive, and partial, in their understanding of what she had signed up to, which seemed clear enough to me. I'm still somewhat inclined to believe that other circumstances influenced the lady's desire to cancel her order, which was hardly logical if she really wanted a) a motorhome, and b) a Murvi motorhome.

Maybe she just realised she could buy cheaper elsewhere, and was looking for a way out. Who knows? Someone commented that cancelling her order because of a three months delay that Murvi could not mitigate, was tantamount to cutting off her nose to spite her face. I agree. But, irrational people do irrational things, and a lack of rationality seemed to pervade the whole tale. Lets just hope she eventually arrived at a decision, rational or not, with which she is now happy.

Guest pelmetman

Has the OP been banned too? 8-) ...................coz he sent me a pm suggesting I saw the contract :-S.............might as well send me a chocolate teapot :D

But I did reply and suggested he posted it on here 8-).....................maybe he did? :-S

Guest Peter James
JudgeMental - 2012-11-13 5:32 PM

if the manufacturer was happy to take a dissatisfied and gullible pensioner to court ..

Asleep on the bench again *-)

It was the other way round - the pensioner took court proceedings against the manufacturer because the manufacturer had not returned her full deposit (which they had no reason to do in my opinion, as she had reneged on the deal)

Guest Peter James
pelmetman - 2012-11-13 5:51 PM

But I did reply and suggested he posted it on here 8-).....................maybe he did? :-S

A lot of people asked the a**hole to post the contract but he did not.

He was obviously incapable of reading and understanding the thread so presumably he never read or understood the contract either. I tactfully and diplomatically pointed out to him some of the things he had missed on the thread. Then I made another tactful and diplomatic post asking him to post the contract this morning, then I tried to make another post straight after that but it took me to the main forum because the thread had disappeared :-|

Guest pelmetman
Peter James - 2012-11-13 6:11 PM

pelmetman - 2012-11-13 5:51 PM

A lot of people asked the a**hole to post the contract but he did not.

He was obviously incapable of reading and understanding the thread so presumably he never read or understood the contract either. I tactfully and diplomatically pointed out to him some of the things he had missed on the thread. Then I made another tactful and diplomatic post asking him to post the contract this morning, then I tried to make another post straight after that but it took me to the main forum because the thread had disappeared :-|

Oh :-|

Guest pelmetman
Colin Leake - 2012-11-13 6:41 PM

I'm very glad that the thread was not pulled before Murvi had a chance to give us their version of events.

But now we just have two versions of the event :-S....................

Guest Peter James
Brian Kirby - 2012-11-13 5:44 PM

Good! It was a nasty little thread designed unfairly to "knock", and damage, a small van converter. It was left up far too long. Aspects of the original post never rang true, facts and corroboration were absent, and were never provided, and I'm surprised how many folk swallowed it hook line and sinker, making its removal even more imperative. There are always two sides to a dispute and, as became apparent when Murvi - I think somewhat unwisely - set out their side, the misleading elements of the original post became all too clear.

On the basis that the deposit was 10%, (and was non-refundable) as was stated by Murvi, this lady must have signed up to a £50,000 motorhome. Considering that, the fuss that was made over the mere £2,000 deposit forfeit - a direct consequence of her breach of contract - seemed rather laboured. She was, IMO, very lucky to get off so lightly. Difficult for some to accept, I know, but I think Murvi let her off very fairly. Had she pursued her apparently ill-judged court case to conclusion, I rather think she could have ended up significantly more out of pocket than even her £5,000 deposit. Barmy!

Both the OP and his mother seem to have been rather naive, and partial, in their understanding of what she had signed up to, which seemed clear enough to me. I'm still somewhat inclined to believe that other circumstances influenced the lady's desire to cancel her order, which was hardly logical if she really wanted a) a motorhome, and b) a Murvi motorhome.

Maybe she just realised she could buy cheaper elsewhere, and was looking for a way out. Who knows? Someone commented that cancelling her order because of a three months delay that Murvi could not mitigate, was tantamount to cutting off her nose to spite her face. I agree. But, irrational people do irrational things, and a lack of rationality seemed to pervade the whole tale. Lets just hope she eventually arrived at a decision, rational or not, with which she is now happy.

A very fair summary from Brian as usual.

PS: When you add up their time and legal costs, I suspect Murvi are more out of pocket than the 'customer' Yet Murvi are not the one to blame.

As usual, the only winners are the lawyers.

Mr Kirby wrote in the original thread about being uncomfortable with a 'name and shame' philosophy.

I personally advocate it and think that a forum like this is a powerful ally of consumers. I think it a bit wimpish to gob-off but fail to mention the company or service at fault.

Trouble is, as Brian rightly points out, it's easy to abuse and, manifestly, many can't tell the difference between a genuine 'evidenced' report of malpractice, and a simple gobsh*te.

I say 'name and shame' - but you'd better have some evidence if you don't want to end up looking like a discredited dufus.

JudgeMental - 2012-11-13 5:32 PM

quickweh - 2012-11-13 4:19 PM

JudgeMental - 2012-11-13 3:59 PM

morally? you make me sick...

Tell us who's post caused it to be pulled?

The OP's opening salvo was probably enough...its what repeatedly happens on here,they bow under pressure.

if the manufacturer was happy to take a dissatisfied and gullible pensioner to court I doubt they would stop there..

Put your post back on from 09:30 this morning and see what happens, it was pulled then and it would be pulled again . "The OP's opening salvo" (lol)

Well there you go then. Thread was pulled! And there was me thinking its a free country I live in.

Why would this thread be taken down? I suggest Murvi didn't like what had to be said?

I too had some rather tasty remarks made about me here! Should I sue all for libel? Don't be silly. I'm a grown man! If people dont chose to listen to me thats their prerogative! Its a basic right we enjoy in this country called freedom of speech!

Im glad there was a discussion. For the thread to be pulled is Pretty poor really! The situation was real!

If potential customer are censored in this way makes me feel very uneasy. If wronged customers dont have a voice then where does that leave us? I will tell you where.... It leave shady manufactures free to continue acting the way they do.

Madness!

Think about it guys?

Problem_murvi - 2012-11-13 11:23 PM

Well there you go then. Thread was pulled! And there was me thinking its a free country I live in.

Why would this thread be taken down? I suggest Murvi didn't like what had to be said?

I too had some rather tasty remarks made about me here! Should I sue all for libel? Don't be silly. I'm a grown man! If people dont chose to listen to me thats their prerogative! Its a basic right we enjoy in this country called freedom of speech!

Im glad there was a discussion. For the thread to be pulled is Pretty poor really! The situation was real!

If potential customer are censored in this way makes me feel very uneasy. If wronged customers dont have a voice then where does that leave us? I will tell you where.... It leave shady manufactures free to continue acting the way they do.

Madness!

Think about it guys?

I suspect that the thread was pulled by the Mods because of the potentially libellous and defamatory public statements you made against Murvi; and they had/have no wish to be "joined" in any legal action for damages plus costs that Murvi may now be contemplating against you.

Oh, and where's that copy of the original contract, with it's terms and conditions, that so many people have repeatedly asked you to post here in order to try to repudiate Murvi's robust defence against your wild accusations?

When you've dug yourself into a very very deep hole Mr Hutchby, the best thing to do is to stop digging. Really.

Archived